Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KDB

(2019) PG DJ Carton to Ohio State

There’s gonna be a ton of positive news coming out from the weekend, biggest key is going to be how much staying power it has. I don’t care about crystal ball switches and all of that(other than the top guys(Meyer, Daniels, etc)). I think tonight hanging with the players is what could wrap this up for us.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Carton = Jalen Brunson

nuff said.

I don't see that comparison. Carton is a significantly better athlete and Brunson was so deliberate in the pick and roll and he loved to post up and use his strength to finish. Carton is a driver that can hang in the air and finish tough shots at the rim. 

There’s gonna be a ton of positive news coming out from the weekend, biggest key is going to be how much staying power it has. I don’t care about crystal ball switches and all of that(other than the top guys(Meyer, Daniels, etc)). I think tonight hanging with the players is what could wrap this up for us.

It really could swing it either way. He should be hanging out with the freshman and sophomores and seeing how he gels with them. If they hit it off he is likely ours, if not, it could all fall apart quickly

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think we have a good bunch of kids on the team. It seems unlikely Carton would have a bad time hanging out with them.

I hear you but it’s not about nice or cool it’s about chemistry and they either hit it off or they don’t

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Choopy said:

Damezi and Rob both started following DJ on instagram. I think this visit made a huge impression on him.

I would be ecstatic if we land him!  I just want to add that Michigan players started following DJ after his visit there. He also had his picture taken as well.

18 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I would be ecstatic if we land him!  I just want to add that Michigan players started following DJ after his visit there. He also had his picture taken as well.

Yeah he follows a ton of the Michigan players on social media so I’m trying not to read too much into the fact that he’s started following a couple of our freshmen. It’s going to be very interesting because this one could go either way. 

Edited by Hoosiereyedoc

26 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It went as well as it possibly could have. Now just have to wait to see if and when he commits. Hopefully, hear something by July 11th. 

If you had to bet, what would it be right now Chris?