Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KDB

(2019) PG DJ Carton to Ohio State

I'm glad our OV is after he's made the trip to Ann Arbor.  I think that plays to our advantage.

Zagoria's latest on Carton's recruiting.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/06/28/d-j-carton-visiting-michigan-indiana/

Indiana: “I feel like Indiana has made me a big priority. I feel like they really expressed their interest all along when they’ve been recruiting me. Coach Archie [Miller] and coach [Tom] Ostrom have talked to me a lot. I feel like they’ve done a good job of building a different environment there. They have good days coming in the future. I talk to them almost on a daily basis and stuff.”Carton also believes the addition of Romeo Langford “definitely gets them more interest from 2019 players because everybody wants to play with a good player. I feel like that team’s got a lot of good things in the future and is starting to build a winning culture, so I really like the way they’re going.”

44 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

It’s going to be a battle. Michigan has a legitimate shot. But I have faith in Archie. Go get him coach

I almost feel as if Archie and Belein are rubbing their hands together in glee wile thinking "we can find out really early if our top target is gonna come, we've got a 50/50 shot, and if it's a no-go we can move on really early."

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I almost feel as if Archie and Belein are rubbing their hands together in glee wile thinking "we can find out really early if our top target is gonna come, we've got a 50/50 shot, and if it's a no-go we can move on really early."

This is where I am at as well.  All three of the outcomes (commit to IU, commit to UM, no decision for the foreseeable future) are liberating for the staff...obviously I would love for Carton to commit, but if he doesn't the staff can redirect resources to other top targets during a super competitive July open period.

15 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/d-j-carton-will-feel-the-heat-in-bloomington-this-weekend-2/

Good insight into the upcoming visit and general recruitment of Carton

Great article.  The Daily Hoosier puts out some great content.  

Hard not to like a lot of these kids.  I'm genuinely impressed by how well they handle the questions and media.  This video interview was linked in the TDH article, it's worthwhile to listen to what he has to say about Indiana.

https://www.hawkcentral.com/videos/sports/college/iowa/basketball-men/2018/02/01/iowa-2019-target-d.j.-carton-talks-relationship-iowa-indiana-visit/110013204/

15 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Hard not to like a lot of these kids.  I'm genuinely impressed by how well they handle the questions and media.  This video interview was linked in the TDH article, it's worthwhile to listen to what he has to say about Indiana.

https://www.hawkcentral.com/videos/sports/college/iowa/basketball-men/2018/02/01/iowa-2019-target-d.j.-carton-talks-relationship-iowa-indiana-visit/110013204/

Wow, I didn't know Oladipo spoke directly to him or that Carton loved Oladipo as a kid

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

You're right, he's a well-spoken. Let's hope for a quick commit! 

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

It will be interesting to see when he gets on campus tomorrow. I will be on the lookout tomorrow at Assembly Hall. My son and daughter have junior Archie Miller camp tomorrow starting at 9

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wear a wire and pick up their conversations for us!  :92:

It will be interesting to see when he gets on campus tomorrow. I will be on the lookout tomorrow at Assembly Hall. My son and daughter have junior Archie Miller camp tomorrow starting at 9

Let’s get this man equipped with a parabolic mic!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

40 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

I have a good feeling about this weekend with this visit. Archie is a closer

1. If DJ Carton sets a July announcement date it would merit a board freakout.
  2. If he says post-IU/Michigan visits that he's planning on taking his other three officials in the fall? We should be on full Brandon Newman watch.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

1. If DJ Carton sets a July announcement date it would merit a board freakout.
  2. If he says post-IU/Michigan visits that he's planning on taking his other three officials in the fall? We should be on full Brandon Newman watch.

Do you not think we take both? I'm assuming we would since Carton is a point and Newman is a 2.