Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KDB

(2019) PG DJ Carton to Ohio State

Thankfully the days of IU being the only major D1 school in a gym to watch the likes of April, Munuru, etc. are over.

@MatthewBain_: Schools expected to watch D.J. Carton this weekend in Dallas: Virginia, Virginia Tech, Iowa, Iowa State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana, Marquette, Ohio State + the rest of the schools actively pursuing him, Carton's AAU program director tells me.

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:40 AM, rcsalway29 said:

Pretty sure everyone in the building wanted that to go down UM people and all.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If he'd had slammed that I think the entire state would have erupted.  About Carton though, how does this affect Phinisee?  I'd love to have two solid PG on the team, especially since we've gone seasons without one PG.  Guess we only need to worry about it if we land Carton...and it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing either.

If he'd had slammed that I think the entire state would have erupted.  About Carton though, how does this affect Phinisee?  I'd love to have two solid PG on the team, especially since we've gone seasons without one PG.  Guess we only need to worry about it if we land Carton...and it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing either.

Healthy competition at each position keeps players honest and consistent. I think that's what he's going for.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Carton plays on the NY2LA circuit and it does not provide detailed player stats just these brief summaries and he may never get another mention this weekend depending on how he performs over the rest of the weekend.

D J Carton – Quad City Elite
Carton was spectacular again in the marquee matchup on Friday night.  Active on the glass and pushing tempo all night Carton had 25 pts and 9 boards while head coaches from Michigan, Iowa, Iowa State, and Baylor among others watched every move.  Carton has continued to develop and has taken the next step as one of top PG’s in the 2019 class.

Healthy competition at each position keeps players honest and consistent. I think that's what he's going for.

Having two points is vital for so many reasons. Carton and Phinisee could each get 20ish minutes running the point and another 5-8 on the court together. I don't see it stopping Carton from committing.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Having two points is vital for so many reasons. Carton and Phinisee could each get 20ish minutes running the point and another 5-8 on the court together. I don't see it stopping Carton from committing.

Chris Reynold's freshman year we had a Mr Basketball Junior Lyndon Jones and a Sophomore Jamaal Meeks. Seemed like a good situation to have.

Day 2 update from the NY2LA event.

DJ Carton – 2019 (REACH Legends 17u) - Carton continues to make people believe the hype.  The 6-2 guard has been playing at a high level all weekend long and has some of the most prestigious coaches and scouts buzzing.  Carton plays as aggressive and physical as any guard in the country and has the skillset to back it up.  Carton dropped 25 points, 8 assists, and 5 rebounds in a tough double OT loss to Ray Allen Select.

17 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

That’s good. This guy can ball. How confident are you with IU’s chances? It seems like Archie has a great chance to land him

I can't speak with certainty. I would say IU has gotten themselves in a favorable position but it's no layup. Michigan is in there, as well.

13 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

I can't speak with certainty. I would say IU has gotten themselves in a favorable position but it's no layup. Michigan is in there, as well.

Would you say Iowa could be an obstacle in this recruitment? I say that just because he’s from Iowa