Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KDB

(2019) PG DJ Carton to Ohio State

Muscatine 64, Bettendorf 50:  With Iowa coach Fran McCaffery courtside, Muscatine’s Joe Wieskamp scored a career-high 54 points, including the team’s first 31 points in the game. His 16-for-23 shooting night included eight 3-point field goals.

“I’ve been struggling with my shot lately so I really got in the gym and worked on that,’’ Wieskamp said. “All day I was focused for the game. I knew I had to lock in early.”

Wieskamp hit five consecutive 3-pointers to start the second period after the Muskies (12-6, 9-5 MAC) led only 10-8 after one period.

D.J. Carton scored 24 points to lead Bettendorf (8-9, 7-7 MAC).

"That's Pleasant Valley basketball at its finest right there," the head coach said after Tuesday night's 33-25 win over Bettendorf at PV High School.   In particular, Snyder and PV's defense kept Bettendorf standout DJ Carton in check. After going for 31 points in the teams' previous meeting, Carton was 6 of 20 from the field and finished with 15 points.

Bettendorf with a 49-44 loss to Assumption.

Despite a defense designed to challenge him, Carton led the Bulldogs (8-11, 7-9) with an 8-of-13 game from the field and a 21-point performance that included the only six points Bettendorf mustered in the third quarter.

A buddy of mine at work is from Bettendorf and knows their high school coach.  He said it's still very early in this recruitment, but at this point Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Missouri have been after him and have his interest, while his Mom seems to like Marquette.  There is an expectation that some bigger programs (Kansas and Indiana) will jump into the fray and have an impact as his recruitment progresses.  It appears we've made a good early impression, but it's still very early in the process.

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Indiana coach Archie Miller and assistant Tom Ostrom are watching 2019 national top-40 prospect DJ Carton tonight, per @prushenb. #iubb

Player profile: 247sports.com/Player/DJ-Cart…

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This is interesting. Ramping up the interest with Carton. I like it

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Indiana coach Archie Miller and assistant Tom Ostrom are watching 2019 national top-40 prospect DJ Carton tonight, per @prushenb. #iubb

Player profile: 247sports.com/Player/DJ-Cart…

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Great to hear, I want this kid.

Carton's high school team is just not a very good team and they were beaten last night 67-49 by Davenport North incurring their fifth straight loss.  Their season record is now 8-12 and Carton is probably the only bright spot they have on the team.

D.J. Carton scored a game-high 21 points on the night for Bettendorf (8-12, 7-10) but North made him work for it. Carton was 5 of 18 from the field and nine of his points came from the free throw line.

11 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I'm really curious on this one. I could see a top 50 player being ok coming off the bench his freshmen year. But if Phinisee is as good advertised Carton would be 3rd on the depth chart Freshmen year and second the next 2 years

Always a chance they expect someone not coming back?