Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KB0

IU at Illinois Game Thread (1/24 - 9pm - BTN)

Yeah we need one or otherwise we'll soon be anchoring down the B1G. 
Maybe Romeo can turn the tables and get iu an alpha dog to come with him. Of course that would mean telling the main alpha dog no and that would take on heck of alot of courage.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Not that it matters, but did we ever get an explanation for why Illinois was given the ball after the shot clock review? My best guess is the scorer's table forgot to switch the possession arrow after the last jump ball.

Off hand not sure which moment you're talking about.  There was one where the ball bounced around eventually leading to the shot clock expiring, and after review they gave possession to Illinois saying Durham had control before the ball crossed halfcourt.

My guess. It was the one where the shot hit the rim and IU either had the rebound or it was a tie up. They didn't restart the shot clock and it expired (change of possession). They reviewed and said it hit the rim. And then gave the ball to ILL. I didn't understand it at the time... I thought the Durham call was correct.

27 minutes ago, Ranger78 said:

My guess. It was the one where the shot hit the rim and IU either had the rebound or it was a tie up. They didn't restart the shot clock and it expired (change of possession). They reviewed and said it hit the rim. And then gave the ball to ILL. I didn't understand it at the time... I thought the Durham call was correct.

After watching the replay the refs said it hit the rim but they stopped the play before the figured out who had the ball after the rebound was what I read online last night. 

After watching the replay the refs said it hit the rim but they stopped the play before the figured out who had the ball after the rebound was what I read online last night. 

If it hit rim and they dont know who got the rebound why didn't we retain possession? Looked like we were going to get it imo

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

If it hit rim and they dont know who got the rebound why didn't we retain possession? Looked like we were going to get it imo

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Here is what I read last night

Referee tells Archie they determined it hit the rim, but not that there was a jump ball. So it's Illinois ball. #iubb

Which will help is not be a total dumpster this season. Watching these guy play, all i can think is “wait until his guys are here”. I think the future is bright. We will have to live with the bumps until then. 

Lord, I hope your right! I was 9 or 10 years old when I listened to Indiana win its last National Championship when the radio in my friends bedroom.. This is ridiculous. We can no longer consider ourselves elite. I mean come on, 31 years is way too long. We should have bought in another headliner coach when we fired knight we allowed this program to wallow in mediocrity for far too long. There are generations of young kids out there that don't know anything about the good old days of IU. There is no guarantee we'll we'll ever be elite again.

Sent from my SM-J727V using BtownBanners mobile app

Here is what I read last night
Referee tells Archie they determined it hit the rim, but not that there was a jump ball. So it's Illinois ball. #iubb

Which stills makes absolutely no sense.

"We determined that we kind of messed up and not sure what to do. Illinois ball."

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Lord, I hope your right! I was 9 or 10 years old when I listened to Indiana win its last National Championship when the radio in my friends bedroom.. This is ridiculous. We can no longer consider ourselves elite. I mean come on, 31 years is way too long. We should have bought in another headliner coach when we fired knight we allowed this program to wallow in mediocrity for far too long. There are generations of young kids out there that don't know anything about the good old days of IU. There is no guarantee we'll we'll ever be elite again.

You are correct.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

On 1/24/2018 at 10:53 PM, Feathery said:

This roster is terrible. This is why many fans wanted Crean gone earlier, before the roster became a joke. Instead we are going to wait patiently for it to be fixed. 

Anyone down on Archie doesn’t know basketball. His system is getting open looks. We can’t make shots. We have a roster of low IQ players. The defense will be effective once we get rolling. 

I think it was last game, they had the mic on Archie during the time out.  He told the players to be patient on offense and work for a good shot.  What to they do.  Immediately after the time out the run down the floor and chuck up a crappy shot.  No passes, no ball movement, nada.  A 10 sec. possession, with no points.  Tough to win with kids who don't listen.  

I think it was last game, they had the mic on Archie during the time out.  He told the players to be patient on offense and work for a good shot.  What to they do.  Immediately after the time out the run down the floor and chuck up a crappy shot.  No passes, no ball movement, nada.  A 10 sec. possession, with no points.  Tough to win with kids who don't listen.  

What play did he call coming out of that timeout that they ignored?

I honestly don't know what people are expecting. We have absolutely no shooting. We have no PG. Our only big man is a 6'7" 3 star guy. Our backup center is a 6'4" guy who should be playing football. We lost our 3 best players from a team that went 7-11 last season with zero impact recruits. Yet we will still likely go 9-9. Kind of miraculous when you think about it .

Trying to figure out why people keep bringing up that we lost our 3 best players? Isn't that pretty typical to graduate players or have players get drafted?

Btw, one of those 3 was injured most of the season so his impact was severely limited

It was the KSU game I believe. He told them to be patient on offense and work it inside. He also said to get back in transition not to give up the easy baskets. I think it was Green who then hacked a quick three, we got the offensive rebound and Johnson shoots a three. MSU gets out and transition. Odd

6 hours ago, tortex28 said:

Don't want to derail this thread, but there have been far too many political decisions made over the last two decades that have put us where we are now.

12 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

No play.  Just general instruction on offense.  Pretty much what Aloha said.  

Crean was reckless abandon.  Run and shoot, then shoot some more.  Clap your hands and grab a diet coke.   

Archie is more methodical, defensive based.  Part of that is taking some time off the clock and getting good shots, not just open shots.