Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KB0

IU at Illinois Game Thread (1/24 - 9pm - BTN)

We're all on the same team here fellas. Whether people are expecting us to win or not obviously everyone here will be cheering on the Hoosiers tonight. We don't need to be arguing about if we should be favored or not, let's just get excited to watch our team come out and grind out a hard fought win tonight!

IU is not losing this game. Get the ball down low and quiet the crowd. Never takes much to shut them up. I expect us to control this team tbh. We are playing our best ball of the season. I expect that continues tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Dilly Dilly!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

A pu team that will be playing their super bowl at Assembly Hall in less than a week? IU can win at Ill without a hot shooting night, grinding out a win by playing solid defense and getting in the paint. IU will need a hot shooting night and lockdown on defense to beat pu at home. How many games have you seen IU have this season?

We were 5-21 from 3 against Duke but would've likely won if Davis could shoot free throws.

We were 5-21 from 3 against Duke but would've likely won if Davis could shoot free throws.

Duke was led by how many freshmen playing for their first time in a true road game at Assembly Hall. This pu squad has played, and won, at Assembly Hall along with other big road environments. This pu team is also more complete now than that Dook team earlier in the year.

This teams method to winning is very simple.  Like has been said already, every trip down has to go inside in some form or fashion.  And then lock it up on D.  As a team i think we r realizing paint touches r a must.  Limit our 3's get it inside.  U know Juwan is sayin, "Gimme the damn ball and let's go!"  We ain't losin tonight.

Illinois is 0-8 in the B1G... yet they’re “better than their record?” At some point you aren’t better. You just suck. Illinois just sucks. One of their 10 wins is against non D1 school Augustana(IL). Face it, you can’t conference homer Illinois into being “better than their record.” They are terrible. 

IU should win this game however as someone who has seen all 8 of Illinois B1G losses they are better then their record. 3 OT losses and a loss on the road by a last second shot. They also have a tier 1 win on a neutral court over Missouri. We have 0 Tier 1 wins

26 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

IU should win this game however as someone who has seen all 8 of Illinois B1G losses they are better then their record. 3 OT losses and a loss on the road by a last second shot. They also have a tier 1 win on a neutral court over Missouri. We have 0 Tier 1 wins

Was Notre Dame not tier 1?

I agree with USPS. Illinois is better than they look on paper. Lost in overtime in a couple and 1 on a buzzer beater. I watched all four and I tell you, it’s pure luck that they are not 4-3 right now.

I also agree with whoever said that being a 1 point dog, on the road in conference, is basically being favored.

Their guards tend to panic and struggle with poor shot selection as the shot clock winds down. This I know to be fact. Otherwise they are as beatable as any other mid pack B1G team. Just need to play good D. Get some ball pressure. Pack line may be the worst case scenario for the Illanoisaneye to face.

I agree with UPS. Illinois is better than they look on paper. Lost in overtime in a couple and 1 on a buzzer beater. I watched all four and I tell you, it’s pure luck that they are not 4-3 right now.
I also agree with whoever said that being a 1 point dog, on the road in conference, is basically being favored.
Their guards tend to panic and struggle with poor shot selection as the shot clock winds down. This I know to be fact. Otherwise they are as beatable as any other mid pack B1G team. Just need to play good D. Get some ball pressure. Pack line may be the worst case scenario for the Illanoisaneye to face.

USPS