Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KB0

IU at Illinois Game Thread (1/24 - 9pm - BTN)

16 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

And this is why some people are unhappy this year. Unrealistic expectations. 

Expecting to beat a sub .500 team that hasn't won a conference game, that doesn't shoot well and doesn't take good care of the ball, is unrealistic? 

What are expectations for some people, just to show up?

7 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

It’s not unrealistic expectations to expect a win at Illinois. They’re 0-8 in conference. IU shouldn’t lose. That’s not to say that they can’t, but they shouldn’t

So we get Morale victories when we play Duke close but not illinois for playing close game after close game. Ok makes sense

Just now, JSHoosier said:

Expecting to beat a sub .500 team that hasn't won a conference game, that doesn't shoot well and doesn't take good care of the ball, is unrealistic? 

What are expectations for some people, just to show up?

If this were at home i would agree but we are on the road. How many true road games have we won this year

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

So we get Morale victories when we play Duke close but not illinois for playing close game after close game. Ok makes sense

I don’t know who said I was happy about losing to Duke. They played them tough but I expected to win. Losing is losing

We are on the road. I'm worried. Illinois is tired of being embarrassed. I'm worried. I'm never confident in road games even when we are good.

It seems we are due for one of these games where we hit a ton of shots but I'm feeling like this team is incapable of hitting a bunch of shots.

Hoping we can grind out a W!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm telling you all we have a better chance of beating Purdue than we have of winning tonight.

A pu team that will be playing their super bowl at Assembly Hall in less than a week? IU can win at Ill without a hot shooting night, grinding out a win by playing solid defense and getting in the paint. IU will need a hot shooting night and lockdown on defense to beat pu at home. How many games have you seen IU have this season?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

IU is not losing this game. Get the ball down low and quiet the crowd. Never takes much to shut them up. I expect us to control this team tbh. We are playing our best ball of the season. I expect that continues tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hear! Hear!!