Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KB0

IU at Illinois Game Thread (1/24 - 9pm - BTN)

Indiana - 12-8 (5-3), 5th in the Big Ten,

Illinois - 10-11 (0-8), 14th in the Big Ten

Illinois is still searching for their first Big Ten win this year under new head coach Brad Underwood. 5 of their losses in conference play have been by 10 points or less. They'll be hungry for their first victory with IU in town. 

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about this game. Illinois is better than their record indicates. Indiana played a tough game two nights ago and has a big match-up looming on Sunday. The Hooisers are only 1-5 on the road this season. Hope Juwan is healthy and he's not feeling any lingering effects of the ankle sprain. 

Going to be a tough one in Champaign tonight.

Along with the PSU home game this one feels like a letdown game. If our guards can hang onto the ball (Ill towards the top of league in turning people over) and Morgan can eat (without looking like he came out of the octagon) we'll have a solid chance. We can't give up open threes or it can be an early night.

Let's get it Hoosiers!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This ill team can also go minutes without taking a good shot. They seem to fall in that Minny, PSU, Rutger, and Neb mold where their guards will jack deep threes if you don't give up easy baskets. If we can D up and frustrate them while letting Morgan work down low we could build a lead.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

5 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

Illinois is 0-8 in the B1G... yet they’re “better than their record?” At some point you aren’t better. You just suck. Illinois just sucks. One of their 10 wins is against non D1 school Augustana(IL). Face it, you can’t conference homer Illinois into being “better than their record.” They are terrible. 

It's just that sinple eh?

Illinois is 0-8 in the B1G... yet they’re “better than their record?” At some point you aren’t better. You just suck. Illinois just sucks. One of their 10 wins is against non D1 school Augustana(IL). Face it, you can’t conference homer Illinois into being “better than their record.” They are terrible. 

If Ill isn't "better than they're record" why are they favored in this game?

IU has a better record overall and way better conference record. Shouldn't IU be favored?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app