Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

16 hours ago, btownqb said:

That FR class.. Montgomery, Sisley,  Hopf, Blackmon, and Furst... my goodness. I want them all. 

Those are just a few. There's a few others around the state that could still jump to Big Ten level by the time they graduate as well. This class has a chance to be absolutely loaded if they keep developing.  

3 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Those are just a few. There's a few others around the state that could still jump to Big Ten level by the time they graduate as well. This class has a chance to be absolutely loaded if they keep developing.  

The kid from Blackford, I feel like Lawrence North or someone like that had a really good FR as well.. who else?

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The kid from Blackford, I feel like Lawrence North or someone like that had a really good FR as well.. who else?

I was thinking of Pierce Thomas at Brownsburg, Luke Brown at Blackford, and Kyle Ross at Andrean.

7 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I was thinking of Pierce Thomas at Brownsburg, Luke Brown at Blackford, and Kyle Ross at Andrean.

I knew Bburg had one and I heard he's really good. Unfamiliar with Andrean kid. 

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

I knew Bburg had one and I heard he's really good. Unfamiliar with Andrean kid. 

Pierce Thomas is a stud and the Andrean kid plays on the same AAU team with Thomas.

On 3/24/2018 at 3:17 PM, A.j. Nigh said:

Agreed, his team seemed to struggle to get him the ball from what I watched (2nd half).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hit the nail on the head.  His stats seem negatively skewed because of his guards inability to feed him. I liked his motor and how he played against the bigger and wiser Middlesworth. 

On 8/31/2017 at 6:49 AM, HoosierD said:

Another Hopf at Forest Park??? Sounds like this one is better than the others.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Forgive me for being behind, but I was just thinking the same thing. My high school got beat by Forest Park in the 2006 regionals (while I was there), and they had two of them then!

Rangers 54, Lions 40: Forest Park traveled to Loogootee on Friday evening hoping for a bounce back victory and they got just that.

The Rangers led by 10 points at the halftime break and kept their foot on the gas the remainder of the way to ensure they’d find themselves back in the win column.

The Rangers shot 56 percent from the field wit Curt Hopf leading the way (16 points, 6 rebounds) while Isaac Uebelhor (12 points) also chipped in a solid amount.

Forest Park is now 2-2 on the season.

Forest Park beaten by Evansville Bosse 69-59.   Sophomore center Curt Hopf had a monstrous game with 22 points and 15 rebounds — all while battling Kiyron Powell, a player who has a few inches on him as well as an extra year of varsity experience.

FERDINAND — Still without two key members of their rotation, the Forest Park boys basketball team welcomed the Washington Hatchets to Ferdinand on Saturday evening for a non-conference battle. The Hatchets jumped out to a 20-9 lead early and never looked back, defeating the Rangers 58-42.

Washington led 31-18 at the halftime break and continued to keep Forest Park at bay for the majority of the second half as the Rangers never cut the lead any closer than 11 points. Curt Hopf led the Rangers with 21 points and nine rebounds in the loss while Simon Jacob finished with nine points.

Washington shot 50 percent from the field (19-38) compared to Forest Park’s 38 percent (18-47). Forest Park also was just 1-of-14 from the free-throw line (seven percent) and also had 19 turnovers.

Forest Park lost to Southridge (Colson Montgomery) 53-37 in the championship game of the Access Storage Holiday Hoops Classic in Ferdinand on Friday.   Hopf with 11 points in the loss.  Hopf went to the bench with 3 fouls early in the 3rd Q and sat out most of the quarter.

Forest Park (5-6) lost to Class 1A No. 4 Barr-Reeve (10-2) 52-44.    While Forest Park big man Curt Hopf scored eight points in the first half, the Viking defenders started to lock down on him harder after the break as he often found himself double-teamed.  Curt Hopf led Forest Park with 10 points and six rebounds.