Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
lucel15

What do you want to see this spring/who do you want to see emerge

On 1/23/2018 at 7:56 AM, KB0 said:

I'm interested to see who walks away with the starting QB job. If Pennix is the guy, then start him from day one and stick with him. If he's not let him redshirt and roll with either Ramsey or Tronti. Whichever way the coaching staff goes, they need to decide early and build the offense accordingly. 

The o-line absolutely has to play better and I think they will. It may not be the strength of the team, but it cannot be a major issue. 

Defensively, who is going to fill in for Covington, Scales, and Fant? It's extremely unlikely anyone will be able to replace the production of those three, but hopefully there isn't a signficant drop off. I have faith in Tom Allen's ability to coach up the D. 

Last but not least, Oakes is gone. He was a big time kicker last year. Can Campbell come in and fill that void?

Looking at next years schedule here's how I would group the games:

Good Chance to Win:  at FIU, Ball State, at Rutgers 

Could win: Virginia, Iowa, at Minnesota, Maryland, Purdue

Unlikely to Win: MSU, at OSU, at Michigan, PSU

As always, going undefeated in non-conference play is essential. Do that and IU is halfway to bowl eligibility with 5 winnable conference games left. Would love to see the team knock off MSU or Michigan. MSU is at home, so maybe that's the one.  

Perhaps I'm a fool to talk myself into 6/7 wins, but that's what being a fan is all about. 

I’d move MSU into the could win category. We beat them two years ago, were leading well into the fourth quarter in East Lansing last year, and they aren’t exactly having a smooth operation up there right now.