Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) SG Armaan Franklin to IU

47 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Armaan Franklin would be a great signing for this class. I'm guessing we only take 1 guard with all the forwards we're prioritizing.

I really want to see how closely the staff watches Brandon Newman this summer though. Newman seems like more of the tough, rebounding guard Archie likes.

While Franklin is good I do lean towards Newman. 

Per Rabjohns, Franklin will take an unofficial visit to IU on June 7th.

He also has visits planned for Xavier, Louisville, Purdue and a few others.

Right now says he is going to cut his list in August but don't be surprised if he makes a decision before then.

My take is if we haven’t seen plan A guards commit by his visit, Franklin will get an offer. He looks to be really polished with a sweet stroke and shares the ball. Being an Indy product also, he would make  a good compliment to our forward prospects. 

Eric Bossi -  Is Rivals150 guard Armaan Franklin close to a decision?

Armaan Franklin has been busy taking visits. Where does the coveted combo guard stand in the recruiting process?

A tough and physical combo guard, Franklin has seen Purdue, Louisville, Xavier and Ohio State, and he is hoping to see Indiana soon. Lately, the salty scorer has been working on playing more point guard in hopes of playing that position on the next level.

“This spring has been about playing more of a point guard role," said Franklin. "I’m playing against high-level guards that are different from the high school season and it’s a new challenge, so I keep working on ball handling and stuff like that.”

IN HIS OWN WORDS

Franklin discussed visits to Ohio State, Xavier and Purdue, as well as Indiana's attempt to get him on campus.

Indiana: “I’ve never been before. This will be a good one to tour campus and spend some time with the coaching staff and get a good feel for them and what they are about.”

Ohio State: “It was a good trip. They just showed me around campus and we got to sit down with coach (Chris) Holtmann and get a really good feel for each other and talk to each other and go out to eat and stuff. It was a nice campus with top-class facilities at Ohio State.”

Purdue: “I’ve been to Purdue. We have a pretty good relationship. I talk to coach (Brandon) Brantley at least once a week and I talk to coach Painter a lot so we have a good relationship.”

Xavier: “Me and coach (Travis) Steele, he started recruiting me last summer as an assistant. We had a pretty strong relationship then and now that he’s a head coach I think our relationship has gotten pretty strong.”

WHAT'S NEXT, RIVALS' REACTION

Franklin says that he's being looked at to play multiple positions and that he's aiming to cut things down by August.

“Every school is talking about me playing one, two and three because of my height and versatility," said Franklin. “I think I will narrow my list down sometime in August. Then I will make my choice sometime in my senior season but I’ve got a few schools on my mind.”

Though Franklin is being conservative about his timeline publicly, behind the scenes talk is heating up that he's very close to making a decision. Should that prove to be true, keep a close eye on Xavier, where Travis Steele has built a very strong relationship.

Nothing particularly new in the Indy Star article and clearly at the current time we're somewhat of an afterthought but that could certainly change after he makes his unofficial visit.

Franklin will take an unofficial visit to Indiana on June 7 and could receive an offer.  “(Indiana) said they want to get me on campus and make sure I like it,” he said. “I went to the Northwestern game during the season, but that’s the only time I’ve been there.”

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/05/31/recruiting-xavier-butler-purdue-chase-2019-prospect-armaan-franlkin/656006002/

13 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Wow. Ok. Big point guard. Best PG prospect in the state. Can’t really dislike the offer.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yep. Was thinking a Newman offer was more likely though. 

Always good that we offer the best in the state at least that way they know they are worthy of a real school and dont have to settle for Purdue

During his junior year at Indpls. Cathedral Franklin averaged 23.0 points, 7.8 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 1.4 steals per game and shot 54 percent from the field.

Last night in the Indiana Junior All-Stars vs. the Indiana All-Stars, he was the leading scorer for the juniors with 20 pts. on 7-13 from the field; 2-6 on 3's; 4-4 FT's; 5 reb; 2 assts; 2 stls; 1 blk and 6 ugly TO's.  He also played 32 min., most of any junior squad player.

Refresher on how his AAU season has gone thus far.

Armaan Franklin '19 (SG) - Mean Streets        Has IU Offer    
Date W/L Pts. FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks.
4/21 W 12 2 7 7 9 1 2 3 3 3 1 0
4/21 L 7 3 6 0 0 1 2 2 2 1 0 0
4/22 L 10 4 9 1 2 1 5 3 0 1 0 0
4/22 L 10 2 6 4 4 0 2 5 1 2 1 1
4/27 L 5 1 8 2 2 1 4 3 2 3 1 0
4/28 L 4 2 9 0 1 0 1 5 1 2 1 0
4/28 W 19 7 14 3 6 2 6 8 0 2 2 0
4/29 W 12 2 8 6 6 2 4 2 1 0 0 3
5/11 L 15 5 11 4 5 1 3 8 3 2 0 1
5/12 W 8 3 7 1 2 1 3 4 1 0 0 0
5/12 W 10 5 13 0 0 0 3 4 1 1 1 0
5/13 W 14 6 9 0 0 2 4 5 3 3 2 1
5/26 W 6 4 8 1 1 1 3 6 1 1 0 0
5/26 L 14 6 15 2 2 0 2 3 1 1 0 1
5/27 L 6 2 6 2 2 0 1 6 2 4 2 0
5/27 L 6 3 8 0 0 0 2 4 5 2 0 1

Avg   9.9 40%   79%   28%   4 2 2 1 1
# Gms   16                      

9 minutes ago, schoosier said:

I hope he accepts and we get all Indiana kids. Can we accept 4 commits with the oversign? 

Possible somebody else leaves. Justin Smith would be most likely to go pro early but one of our bigs could transfer.