Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) SG Armaan Franklin to IU

On 2/2/2019 at 12:04 AM, Old Friend said:

If he's talking about Bill Titus, I now know why he made that comment.  Bill says a lot.  Most of it tongue planted very firmly in cheek.

I don't think it's him. Must be someone else. Mark (his son) now does a college basketball podcast. He talks about his dad on there sometimes, but I'm pretty sure they're not from Noblesville.

1 hour ago, Capt. Crimson said:

I don't think it's him. Must be someone else. Mark (his son) now does a college basketball podcast. He talks about his dad on there sometimes, but I'm pretty sure they're not from Noblesville.

Mark went to Brownsburg

I think you're right...he is going to really surprise a lot of people next year and have a special career. He has taken his game to another level this season and I definitely for one wasn't sold on him until I personally got to watch him a few times this year. He already has the frame to play in the B1G right away and will contribute a significant amount right away.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
Sounds like he could kill it next year.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Rico said:

Cathedral gets beat.

I watched the first half and I don’t k ow what Cathedral was trying to do. Guys chucking terrible shots, missing bunnies. Armaan Franklin looked good but he didn’t touch the ball except for about every fourth possession. I assume the 2nd half was more of the same. 

I watched the first half and I don’t k ow what Cathedral was trying to do. Guys chucking terrible shots, missing bunnies. Armaan Franklin looked good but he didn’t touch the ball except for about every fourth possession. I assume the 2nd half was more of the same. 
It was pretty much the same. The announcers were saying they need to get the ball to him but just didn't happen. Scored or found an open guy when he did get it. Did turn it over a couple of times trying to get to the rim.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Friday night Cathedral lost to Ben Davis 56 - 55.  Franklin 21 pts on 8-13 FG; 4-5 on 3's; 1-1 FT; 6 reb; 0 assts; 5 stls; 2 TO.

Saturday night Cathedral defeated FW Snider 77 - 65.  Franklin 23 pts. on 8-16 FG; 1-4 3's; 6-8 FT; 4 reb; 4 assts; 3 stls; 1 TO.

Lawrence North sectional rankings.  As USPS commented in the IHSAA tournament thread, this is a loaded sectional.

LAWRENCE NORTH
SECT.
RANK
STATE
RANK
TEAM OVERALL
RATING
SCHEDULE
STRENGTH  RANK  
RECENT
  RATING   RANK
GOLDEN MEAN 
  RATING   RANK
 1   1   Warren Central   105.11   87.87   4   102.24   3   104.94   1 
 2   2   Lawrence Central   102.18   86.44   7   106.20   2   102.25   3 
 3   6   Lawrence North   95.43   87.81   5   95.94   5   95.13   7 
 4   7   Indianapolis Cathedral   95.15   84.98   11   94.32   8   95.48   5 
 5   97   North Central (Indianapolis)   75.07   88.14   3   71.72   116   74.89   96 
 6   120   Indianapolis Tech   72.16   80.08   19   72.90   108   70.69   132

16 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Cathedral over Indpls. Metropolitan 91 - 55.  Armaan with 34 pts, 9 reb, 4 stls.

Indy Metro an athletic and undisciplined team.    Tough to say whether or not this one was 'him' or 'them,' but a great stat line.  I'd put more stock in 21 against Ben Davis.

Dont follow much hs ball except through the recruiting forum but does Armaan have any shot at Mr. Basketball or is TJD the clear favorite?

I think Armaan will make it A LOT closer than anyone expected. I supposed if Cathedral goes on a run and wins state then he would have a small chance but TJD is a McD's AA and I can't see them not giving him the award no matter what. If TJD played on a team with more talent his numbers would be much better. I go to CG games regularly and teams have figured out they just need to double/triple down on him and force the rest of CG to beat them and you can see recently CG has struggled bc of this and TJD's numbers haven't been as impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm always a little more impressed when these kinds of honors are determined by actual coaches; not sportswriters.

Indianapolis Star

Cathedral senior Armaan Franklin was named the City Player of the Year by the city’s basketball coaches.

Franklin, a 6-5 Indiana recruit, is averaging 23.5 points, 7.7 rebounds, 2.3 steals per game for Class 4A eighth-ranked Cathedral (18-5), which will play in a Sectional 10 first-round game against host Lawrence North on Tuesday.

Cathedral coach Jason Delaney was named the City Coach of the Year after leading the Irish to a City tournament championship for the third consecutive year.

Here is the full All-City team:

First team

Armaan Franklin, Cathedral, Sr.

Jalen Johnson, Manual, Sr.

Kycia Washington, Howe, Sr.

Nate Soltis, Cardinal Ritter, Sr.

Harold Bennett, Crispus Attucks, Sr.

Second team

Andrew Williams, Heritage Christian, Sr.

James Franklin, Cathedral, Sr.

Edreece Redmond, Bishop Chatard, Jr.

Sincere McMahon, Crispus Attucks, Jr.

Andre Dickerson, Shortridge, Sr.

Third team

Jalen Stamps, Howe, Sr.

Alandus Conner, Washington, Sr.

Caleb Redman, Manual, Sr.

Cameron Shurig, Covenant Christian, Jr.

Hunter Jackson, Tech, Jr.

Watched the live stream of the game. First time I have gotten to watch Armaan play, and I can say I am excited for this kid. He gets it done on both ends of the court, and that sequence where he had a block and a coast to coast finish followed by a steal and another coast to coast finish was impressive. He kept cathedral in the game all night and almost brought them back at the very end.

Can’t wait to watch him in an Indiana uniform these next few years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners