Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) SG Armaan Franklin to IU

20 minutes ago, Rico said:

I got a buddy that lives in Noblesville.  He knows his basketball, goes to a lot of games in the Indy area.  He says that Franklin is the best player he has ever seen at the HS level.  And that tells me something.  Same guy, years ago, told me to keep an eye on Matt Howard.

He's really good, but this is a reach.   Did your buddy see Eric Gordon in high school?  Gary Harris?  Trey Lyles?   Zac Irvin?  Trevon Blueitt? (the best comparison, I think)  Kyle Guy?   Is he old enough to have seen Greg Oden or Cody Zeller?

Franklin's good, but best he's ever seen?   Who has he seen?  Serious question.

16 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

He's really good, but this is a reach.   Did your buddy see Eric Gordon in high school?  Gary Harris?  Trey Lyles?   Zac Irvin?  Trevon Blueitt? (the best comparison, I think)  Kyle Guy?   Is he old enough to have seen Greg Oden or Cody Zeller?

I will ask him....but his son was an Indiana All-Star.

13 hours ago, Old Friend said:

I wasn't sure so I called.  My buddy's son was on the all-star team with Oden and Conley.

He has seen all the guys you mentioned and maintains that Franklin is the best HS player he has ever seen with Gordon and Yogi not far behind.  Yes, it is opinion.  But one I don't take lightly.  That's all I got.

5 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

High praise. I hope he’s right

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Ya just never know in these things when you jump to the next level.

3 hours ago, Rico said:

I wasn't sure so I called.  My buddy's son was on the all-star team with Oden and Conley.

He has seen all the guys you mentioned and maintains that Franklin is the best HS player he has ever seen with Gordon and Yogi not far behind.  Yes, it is opinion.  But one I don't take lightly.  That's all I got.

I've seen Franklin many times.  He's not as good as Gordon.   Nor as good as Oden or several others.   Eric Gordon was a top 5 kid in the country. Oden was #1.    Tell your buddy he's got some 'splainin' to do.

4 hours ago, Rico said:

Have only seen Franklin twice on streamed games. Would love to see him live. The kid looks like he’s really on the come and Archie may have stolen him. Thrilled to have him. Saying that, and you’re just relaying a 3rd party opinion, so no disrespect toward you at all, if the man thinks Franklin is remotely comparable to Oden or Gordon, he doesn’t know what he’s looking at.

Wow ranking services are way off. They have him at 150.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Wow ranking services are way off. They have him at 150.

Oh, those ranking services know everything.

2 hours ago, Rico said:

All I can say is, don't shoot the postman!

Why would we shoot USPS?  He's been an amazing poster for as long as I can remember.  You on the other hand...

We need Franklin to play his role in this program.  I liked what I saw in Anderson fighting for loose balls the other night.  It'd be awesome to have a team full of players fighting for possessions like that. 

Titus?? Hahah

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, Rico said:

Oh, those ranking services know everything.

They don't, but they wouldn't miss that far.   Franklin's good, but saying he's the best he's ever seen is ridiculous unless he hasn't seen very many people.  If his son was on the Indiana all stars with Oden and Conley, he's seen two high level NBA guys up close.  Leave alone a Big East POY and 2nd round pick in Luke Harangody.

He had to have seen Gordon, who was perhaps the best I've ever seen in high school (Jay Edwards being a very close second).  There have been some incredible players around here the last 10-15 years....    I really like Franklin, but a kid ranked 150 isn't in the same class as kids in the top 5; and we've had a few of those.  You're right....services miss from time to time.  But not this badly.

They don't, but they wouldn't miss that far.   Franklin's good, but saying he's the best he's ever seen is ridiculous unless he hasn't seen very many people.  If his son was on the Indiana all stars with Oden and Conley, he's seen two high level NBA guys up close.  Leave alone a Big East POY and 2nd round pick in Luke Harangody.
He had to have seen Gordon, who was perhaps the best I've ever seen in high school (Jay Edwards being a very close second).  There have been some incredible players around here the last 10-15 years....    I really like Franklin, but a kid ranked 150 isn't in the same class as kids in the top 5; and we've had a few of those.  You're right....services miss from time to time.  But not this badly.
Totally agree and gordon were awesome.

7 hours ago, Old Friend said:

As I said, don't shoot the postman.

But one thing I get a kick out of myself, is people parlaying a HS kid's career on through to the NBA.  We are just talking HS right here.