Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) SG Armaan Franklin to IU

On 12/31/2018 at 7:02 AM, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Bringing those two thought together - imagine what teachers deal with. The same kids, for 8 hours a day 5 days a week, on terrible salaries.

It's beyond awful. I used to substitute teach, and I knew a handful of others who did. One of them taught for an 8th grade class one day. There was a student who had a cell phone out during class, which was obviously against the rules. The teacher asked the student, more than once, to put it away, but the student refused. The teacher took away the phone and sent the student to the office. About 10 minutes later, the student returned from the office with a note from the principal telling the teacher to return the phone to the student, that they had no right to take away a student's personal property. Thankfully, that school's principal has since moved on. I wish I had been in that classroom that day, because I would have had SO much fun with that scenario and would have had no problem holding it over the student's head for the rest of the day.

I know this thread is about officials, but the education system is done for. Students and their parents have all the power now and there's very little teachers can do about it.

Carmel defeats Cathedral in the opening round of the Marion County Tournament 71 - 56.  Franklin with 25 pts. and 5 reb.   

Butler bound John Michael Mulloy had 17 pts. and 21 reb. for Carmel

UPDATE:  Cathedral senior guard and Indiana recruit Armaan Franklin did his best to keep the Irish close. He finished with a game-high 25 points, including 15 in the final quarter, but it wasn’t enough. No other Cathedral player finished with more than eight points.

Game write-up:  https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/01/09/indiana-high-school-basketball-carmel-tops-cathedral-armaan-franklin-karsten-windlan/2523505002/

ArmaanvsCarmel.JPG

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In the Indianapolis City Tournament, Cathedral with a 59-44 opening round win.  Franklin with 26 pts. and 7-7 from the line.

Thanks for the update. Franklin is having a hell of a year (and sounds like a great kid). Look forward to seeing him in Bloomington.

Some cute back and forth between Armaan and his mother.

Hoosier Sound inital tweet - If you would like to catch our interview live, we will be going on with Ms. India Franklin at 7:00pm, est., tomorrow night right before the Northwestern game. Subscribe on YouTube so you don't miss out!

To which Armaan tweeted:  This is a mistake

To which his mother India Franklin @indii5000 responded:  You will thank me later.

Both had emojis with their tweets but btb wouldn't allow them to post.

7 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

BTB has been a pretty down place lately as it relates to our basketball program but do yourself a favor and spend 55 minutes of your life listening to this interview with Armaan's mother.  Tremendous insight on Armaan's childhood and his recruitment by IU.  About 35 min. in she discusses the relationship between the Franklin and Brooks' families - no revelations but there is a close personal relationship between the families.  And at about 44 min. she discusses the situation that got her ejected from the game in New Castle.  And the wrap-up is her thoughts on how this season is going.  Wonderfully refreshing from a great lady.

I don't know if Mrs. Franklin follows Armaan's thread but if she does, I want her to know she is most definitely a 5-star mom.  

https://www.indianahq.com/read/5c47d61011e4b900149eae26/interview-with-india-franklin-e072-ths

Thank you for sharing! It was a tremendously insightful conversation with Armaan's mom. My favorite quote was .... at the age of 3, Armaan on continuing soccer, "No..... I think I am going to retire and play basketball." Hahah.

Hopefully we can get more unique interviews like this one if you enjoyed it.

23 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jason Delaney - Cathedral Coach:  Armaan Franklin’s stat line from the Indianapolis City Championship win: 29 points (9-11 shooting 6-8 from 3), 11 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals, guarded their leading scorer averaging over 17PPG & held him to 5 points. Armaan does it all on both end

Man, just having a strong year. He seems confident. I hope it carries over to Bloomington.

From an Indy Star article discussing Indiana all-stars.

Armaan Franklin, Cathedral: The 6-5 Franklin, an Indiana recruit, is as versatile an offensive threat as anyone on this list. Franklin is averaging 22.9 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.1 steals and 2.1 assists per game. He is shooting 52 percent from the field and 39 percent from the 3-point line for the 4A seventh-ranked Irish (14-4). Franklin was a core Junior All-Star last season, averaging 23.0 points and 7.8 rebounds.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/01/31/indystar-indiana-all-stars-whos-lock-whos-bubble-indiana-high-school-basketball/2699617002/

I got a buddy that lives in Noblesville.  He knows his basketball, goes to a lot of games in the Indy area.  He says that Franklin is the best player he has ever seen at the HS level.  And that tells me something.  Same guy, years ago, told me to keep an eye on Matt Howard.