Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) SG Armaan Franklin to IU

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I don’t know OSU has got to be pretty enticing. 

They will be very good at guard with Carton and the FSU transfer next year. Guess Newman can still slot in there since he is more of SG. I just don't see Newman coming here if we get Franklin based on our priorities for 2019. 

1 minute ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

They will be very good at guard with Carton and the FSU transfer next year. Guess Newman can still slot in there since he is more of SG. I just don't see Newman coming here if we get Franklin based on our priorities for 2019. 

No I agree. Ramsey may simply because Ramsey would start. 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I don’t know OSU has got to be pretty enticing. 

This regards something I have considered asking, so here goes:  Presuming we get Franklin and not Newman, would you rather he (Newman) choose PU or OSU?

19 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

This regards something I have considered asking, so here goes:  Presuming we get Franklin and not Newman, would you rather he (Newman) choose PU or OSU?

OSU. If OSU misses on him I bet Holtmann will be fine and get somebody else. Him not choosing PU could really limit their ability to compete in the future 

I know I have repeated this notion many times but I think bears repeating. Ohio State only has one scholarship available and are leading with EJ Liddell so I think it is very likely we see Newman (if Franklin commits) at Purdue.

1 minute ago, FraneT said:

I know I have repeated this notion many times but I think bears repeating. Ohio State only has one scholarship available and are leading with EJ Liddell so I think it is very likely we see Newman (if Franklin commits) at Purdue.

We only have 2 available technically and appear to be going after a class of 4

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We only have 2 available technically and appear to be going after a class of 4

Part of that is the safe expectation that Langford will enter the draft which Ohio State likely will not have to deal with. I can not see Holtmann "Creaning" anybody.

12 minutes ago, FraneT said:

Liddell didn't commit after the OSU visit last week which could mean nothing...however, he is going to Mizzou this weekend with another STL recruit, Mario Mckinney. Mizzou trying to seal the package deal. We'll see. 

Just now, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Liddell didn't commit after the OSU visit last week which could mean nothing...however, he is going to Mizzou this weekend with another STL recruit, Mario Mckinney. Mizzou trying to seal the package deal. We'll see. 

We shall see, but OSU media seem fairly confident for what its worth. Holtmann could have a monster class on his hands.

11 minutes ago, FraneT said:

Part of that is the safe expectation that Langford will enter the draft which Ohio State likely will not have to deal with. I can not see Holtmann "Creaning" anybody.

Could also have somebody he knows intends to grad transfer

1 minute ago, VO5 said:

Meh who cares. Archie is batting 100 against Painter

Not me, I just get a chuckle out of reading their forums every time that it happens. Especially last summer after we got Damezi, they thought it meant they were getting Jerome Hunter, and then we got him too an hour later lol.