Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) SG Armaan Franklin to IU

I've said in the past that I like Newman the best of the two between him and Franklin and from a pure talent prospective probably still do.
That being said from a needs prospective Franklin may make more sense.Could turn into a very good lead guard and with all the wings on this team probably more of a need in the long run.

Come on down, Armaan!

Here's some trivia for everyone.  In 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 recruiting classes, we've landed 2 guards (this includes PG, SG, and CG) that had a higher 247 Composite ranking than Armaan Franklin.  Romeo and Curtis.  

I think the reasonable expectation here is that he's a new RoJo. Similar game and demeanor.  Honestly I'm excited to get an Indiana kid just so I can follow his senior year.  

For your viewing pleasure:

Come on down, Armaan!

Here's some trivia for everyone.  In 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 recruiting classes, we've landed 2 guards (this includes PG, SG, and CG) that had a higher 247 Composite ranking than Armaan Franklin.  Romeo and Curtis.  

I think the reasonable expectation here is that he's a new RoJo. Similar game and demeanor.  Honestly I'm excited to get an Indiana kid just so I can follow his senior year.  

For your viewing pleasure:

[/url]  

He’s going to end up being a very solid player at IU when it’s all said and done as long as he commits.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

16 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

What led you to that wild assumption? :farting_smiley:

Hey some people still weren't sure about it a couple hours ago saying he could still commit to PU which I guess could still happen lol 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

TJD confidence 90%
Brooks 60%
1 of Stewart, Newman, Ramsey 80%

So I think it’s very possible just hard to see it all unfolding like that. I suppose getting Brooks AND TJD is my biggest concern.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The skepticism from the many failed years of IU basketball will be gone after this class. Romeo was the beginning in 2018. Keion and TJD will cement it in 2019

If Franklin picks IU, I would think Purdue would slide into drivers seat for Newman right? IU would try to cement Brooks and TJD with the last two schollies and I would think would also chase Ramsey and Stewart assuming there is a transfer (very possible given the year in and year out landscape of college bball). 

10 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

If Franklin picks IU, I would think Purdue would slide into drivers seat for Newman right? IU would try to cement Brooks and TJD with the last two schollies and I would think would also chase Ramsey and Stewart assuming there is a transfer (very possible given the year in and year out landscape of college bball). 

I don’t know OSU has got to be pretty enticing.