Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) SG Armaan Franklin to IU

Looks like this is happening. I’m warming up to the idea that he will be a solid 4 year guy. We need those in the program. Hopefully Armaan excels and becomes a great player here. I do like that he’s from Indiana and that our “lowest rated” player had offers from Ohio State, Purdue, Xavier, etc.

I also think we need to land a stud guard in this class yet. Armaan will take time to develop, and having only Green, Durham, Phinisee, and Franklin as guards next year worries me. 

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes, I think he is coming to IU. I agree to compete with the big boys in March you have to have some 4-year guys. I will take a 4 star Indiana kid as our first commit. 

4 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

Got the ball rolling....IU isn't done w the backcourt and the focus turns to HH

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Is Newman out? I thought I read somewhere that they don't want to play together in college. Guard focus turns to Ramsey then?

Just now, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Is Newman out? I thought I read somewhere that they don't want to play together in college. Guard focus turns to Ramsey then?

He's not out for us. We still very much want him and he starts his official visit very soon. But does he want to play with Franklin, that has been said but who knows? Yes we want Ramsey too.  

Just now, Chris007 said:

He's not out for us. We still very much want him and he starts his official visit very soon. But does he want to play with Franklin, that has been said but who knows? Yes we want Ramsey too.  

We’d take all 3. Or just want Newman or Ramsey?

You thinking 4 man class then?

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

We’d take all 3. Or just want Newman or Ramsey?

You thinking 4 man class then?

Yes on the 4 man class. I think if Newman committed we wouldn't hear from Ramsey or vice versa. You don't want to go to a school where they already have a recruit in your position. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Yes on the 4 man class. I think if Newman committed we wouldn't hear from Ramsey or vice versa. You don't want to go to a school where they already have a recruit in your position. 

Fair enough. So get one of those boys and then 2 spots for 3 possible five stars. 

Thats how the big boys do it

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

A thought:  It would be an extraordinary event if, after getting the top three players from the State of Indiana in 2018, we followed that up by getting the top four in-state players for 2019.

And that's entirely possible.

Yep. And we would almost certainly get to see a time on the court with 5 players from the state. 

Phinisee, Franklin, Anderson, Brooks and TJD

Is Franklin even in the top 4?

Stewart, Brooks, TJD, Newman, Gillis (PU)

If we get Newman and Franklin then not sure how we could fit Stewart, Brooks and TJD.  We pretty much take ourselves out of at least 1 of the top 3.  Of course, it's not a given all 3 want to come to IU.

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

Is Franklin even in the top 4?

Stewart, Brooks, TJD, Newman, Gillis (PU)

If we get Newman and Franklin then not sure how we could fit Stewart, Brooks and TJD.  We pretty much take ourselves out of at least 1 of the top 3.  Of course, it's not a given all 3 want to come to IU.

Gillis is probably not going to play basketball this high school season so I wouldn't put him in there.

He's in-state now.  I wouldn't turn him down just to get 4 from among native born Hoosiers.  But I see the  point that we could get top 4 native born Indiana players assuming Franklin passes Gillis while he is out injured.

I would think if we took Newman and Franklin then the staff doesn't feel too confident in landing all 3 of stewart, brooks and TJD.

2 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Why are we all of a sudden counting Franklin in, did he commit?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He will by the weekend. He's either a thirsty Thursday or a Freaky Friday type of kid.