Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) SG Armaan Franklin to IU

I always thought he was a Purdue lean once we started getting involved with the other 4 star guards. Franklin would be a great 4 year guy to bring consistency and a nice backup/replacement piece to Phinisee. As long as we get TJD and Brooks and one of Newman/Franklin/Ramsey I'll be a VERY VERY Happy Hoosier!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

4 hours ago, jbell833 said:

I always thought he was a Purdue lean once we started getting involved with the other 4 star guards. 

Me too, fwiw there are no crystal ball picks for IU.  I find it odd with an imminent decision and where IU might be considered neck and neck that not one person has IU.  

1 hour ago, Josh said:

We are so close to failing our APR and missing the postseason because of it, that I don't think we can have any transfers

That doesn’t mean we won’t though. I’m not up-to-date on the APR, but It’s not up to us. It’s up to the kid

5 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

We didn’t have any transfers this offseason so one next year won’t be an issue. The problem isn’t transfers, it’s the players being in poor academic condition when they leave.

Not sure which year Curtis Jones goes on but we have already had 2 in Archies short time

20 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

And I already said that a transfer doesn’t harm the APR if the athlete leaves in good academic standing. Look at Kentucky and Duke- massive roster turnover every year but no APR issues.

I believe there's a difference in leaving early to go pro vs transferring to another school in regards to impact on your APR.

We had a 943 last year with us having a perfect 1000 still in the average. That means at most we can have a 943. So our wiggle room is very minor. Anything less than a 950 for a single year score puts us in range of being penalized.  

With 13 scholarship players last year. And each one being worth 2 points possible. We can only afford to lose 2 points total. Honestly not sure how Gelon will affect us because we pulled his scholarship. Whether or not Cujo was in good academic standing is very important though. 

Our APR is in a very touchy place right now and we need to be mindful of that 

We had a 943 last year with us having a perfect 1000 still in the average. That means at most we can have a 943. So our wiggle room is very minor. Anything less than a 950 for a single year score puts us in range of being penalized.  
With 13 scholarship players last year. And each one being worth 2 points possible. We can only afford to lose 2 points total. Honestly not sure how Gelon will affect us because we pulled his scholarship. Whether or not Cujo was in good academic standing is very important though. 
Our APR is in a very touchy place right now and we need to be mindful of that 

We had a 943 for the 16-17 academic year. It is just announced the following year. The upcoming year (2019) will be for the 17-18 academic season. Jones would fall in that one. But you are correct. That 1000 drops off the next year. We have to have higher than a 943. We are already starting at a disadvantage due to Cujo. Pretty sure his academics weren’t great. The last two years of Crean didn’t leave great numbers. Once those fall off we will be fine. This upcoming number will have those two years then we will get a lot better quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

We had a 943 for the 16-17 academic year. It is just announced the following year. The upcoming year (2019) will be for the 17-18 academic season. Jones would fall in that one. But you are correct. That 1000 drops off the next year. We have to have higher than a 943. We are already starting at a disadvantage due to Cujo. Pretty sure his academics weren’t great. The last two years of Crean didn’t leave great numbers. Once those fall off we will be fine. This upcoming number will have those two years then we will get a lot better quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I meant last reported year

10 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Brian Snow just made a CB but I can't see if it was for IU or Purdue. Haven't been following his CB picks. We are at 14% and Purdue 57%. Anybody know if his pick was IU???

I don't have access to who Snow picked, but I'm almost 100% positive I checked after seeing the update to this thread around 7 this morning and IU didn't have any votes/percentage points.  If true, his vote was indeed a CB for IU.

2 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

I don't have access to who Snow picked, but I'm almost 100% positive I checked after seeing the update to this thread around 7 this morning and IU didn't have any votes/percentage points.  If true, his vote was indeed a CB for IU.

You are correct

Let me also add that this is great for perception. We are continuously getting top kids from the State. This is becoming a strong trend that others schools like PU must worry about. We clearly are establishing ourselves as the alpha dog 

Edited by Hoosier987