Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) SG Armaan Franklin to IU

On 8/11/2018 at 8:44 AM, Iugradman said:

Damezi is in no way a 2. He has no handles.

I’m not sure I’d go as far as to say he has no handles. In the IN/KY all star game he had the ball at the top of the key, did a hard right hand dribble to the free throw line, went behind the back, and straight back into a crossover before finishing the drive (missed the layup though). And the entire sequence was fluid to the point it looked effortless and left his defender looking like his feet were stuck in cement. 

He’s no PG by any means but you can’t pull that move off effectively without some ball handling skills.

The pieces to the puzzle of a really good team don't all have to be 5 star kids. In fact one could argue that it would be counterproductive for them to be. We need talent for sure. But we also need kids who will be here for four years and fill a role. I think, and hope, that's what CAM is trying to put together. Continuity is important.

8 hours ago, Iugradman said:

Franklin is ranked #154 in the new 247 rankings, a three star recruit. I think we should aim higher than that when recruiting guards.

Why were you not railing against this recruitment when he was #137 and had a fourth star next to his name?

3 hours ago, cthomas said:

The pieces to the puzzle of a really good team don't all have to be 5 star kids. In fact one could argue that it would be counterproductive for them to be. We need talent for sure. But we also need kids who will be here for four years and fill a role. I think, and hope, that's what CAM is trying to put together. Continuity is important.

Thank you. The secrets to winning consistently are 1-3 five stars total on the roster preferably with them being multi year players. Sprinkled with 4 stars. 

17 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

So do we (fans) want him or not?

I know how I feel, but wonder what others think.

I don’t really know. I think he’ll be a good player as an upperclassmen, but we need to shoot higher if we want to reach final fours and win a championship. I like a lot of players over him at the same position.

I don’t really know. I think he’ll be a good player as an upperclassmen, but we need to shoot higher if we want to reach final fours and win a championship. I like a lot of players over him at the same position.
Agree

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

For me it all depends on how our guards develop. If Green, Durham, and Phinisee are solid along with Anderson and/or Hunter, possibly Brooks, developing into viable options at the off guard. IF most of those things happen we could take a guard like Franklin that we could develop to contribute as an upperclassman.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

I'm lukewarm. Nothing against him, just not excited about the prospect. I'd prefer Newman or Bouknight. 

Just now, Hardwood83 said:

I'm lukewarm. Nothing against him, just not excited about the prospect. I'd prefer Newman or Bouknight. 

Kind of where I am at. If we use this scholarship we need somebody ready to contribute in 2020. Not sure Franklin is that guy. 

Guys he is a 4 star recruit from Indiana. Could we get better? Maybe but then again maybe not. I personally want kids from Indiana to want to play at Indiana. There are 3 main ways to get that accomplished. 1) 4 and 5 star players from Indiana go to Indiana, 2) Indiana wins games, and 3) coaching staff has good in state relationships. If he wants to come to Indiana let him and see what happens. He is big PG with length and you can't teach that. All of this is just my opinion though.