Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) SG Armaan Franklin to IU

13 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Statistically one would stick around. Probably both to be honest

I think TJD will be a two year player. I expect Brooks to only be in college one year since he's got the athleticism and "potential" that scouts drool over. 

23 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Itd be pretty risky, but I too would take a class with two 5 star recruits. 

I feel Newman will get an offer. That’s my gut feeling. And if that turns out to be the case, IU gets him. Franklin is the riskier of the two IMO. But I wouldn’t mind a team with two in-state PG’s. Basketball IQ at its finest

2 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I feel Newman will get an offer. That’s my gut feeling. And if that turns out to be the case, IU gets him. Franklin is the riskier of the two IMO. But I wouldn’t mind a team with two in-state PG’s. Basketball IQ at its finest

Is Newman supposed to visit sometime soon? I saw that he's considering prep school. 

I also remember hearing (on here I think) that the word is Franklin is more likely to go to a school like Xavier than an IU, but idk if that's still the case. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Is Newman supposed to visit sometime soon? I saw that he's considering prep school. 

I also remember hearing (on here I think) that the word is Franklin is more likely to go to a school like Xavier than an IU, but idk if that's still the case. 

The only thing I know with Newman is that he’s hearing from IU. Don’t know how much though. Franklin is a backup to Carton and Lewis. But there has be a reason that Archie offered him. My thought is that Carton is a toss up between IU and Michigan and Lewis is going to Kentucky

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Newman is considering prep school. One was Montverde academy but they got a point guard yesterday, for next year.

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think it’s IU if we push for him.

I’m thinking it’s Xavier. I was hoping for a better prospect but maybe I’m underestimating Franklin which could very well be the case.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

A 4-star Hoosier is usually a pretty good choice.

2 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

I think Bouknight and Harris are better prospects.

It's def a balancing act. Do we hold out and let Franklin commit elsewhere and then hunt for a Priller-type if Bouknight and Harris also go elsewhere or do we push for an AF commitment?   Once can certainly do worse than a 4 star from Indiana.

"I know I have my Purdue visit August 30 through September 1," said Franklin. "I believe my Indiana visit is the weekend of September 14, and then I think Xavier will be in-between those two visits."

Based on this, we have last visit. IMO, Bouknight and Anthony Harris better hurry up and get to Btown - it would be awfully nice to know where we stand with those two before Franklin arrives for his official. 

Ramsey has stated he's going to wait until spring, so he would be in contention for the fourth spot in our '19 class, if post next season there will be one available.