Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SG Brandon Newman to Purdue

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Ohio st offered

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wow I guess a scandal can’t stop the program but jeez we haven’t even had time to come up with a deragotary play on their initials yet. 

9 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

This head coach had nothing to do with what happened 20 yrs ago.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Still going to hit the athletic department and thus the #2 sport right in the teeth. 

Not sure anything will touch football

Brandon Newman tells me he will finish his high school career at Montverde Academy. Was at Valparaiso HS in Indiana @ballislife_219
Snow

I don't know why he would want to leave Indiana other than trying to raise his National profile. So my thinking is if he was planning on probably going to IU he wouldn't do this.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, tortex28 said:

I don't know why he would want to leave Indiana other than trying to raise his National profile. So my thinking is if he was planning on probably going to IU he wouldn't do this.

Maybe he wants to get better? It doesn't all have to be recruiting related.

The IU staff knows the Monteverde coaching staff. I believe Flint went down to their open gym they put on for college coaches earlier in the year. Also according to rabjohns Newman has been in contact with IU’s staff about the move

8 minutes ago, tortex28 said:

There is nothing wrong with wanting to raise his national profile. You have to understand that these kids want to play in the NBA and playing at a high level prep school like Montverde will get him noticed more than if he plays at a Indiana high school. If he balls out at Montverde he could really rise up the recruiting rankings. Like it or not, raising your recruiting ranking has it's benefits, it doesn't mean that he won't want to come here. 

24 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

The IU staff knows the Monteverde coaching staff. I believe Flint went down to their open gym they put on for college coaches earlier in the year. Also according to rabjohns Newman has been in contact with IU’s staff about the move

It’s also possible(I imagine) that IU asked him to work on certain things and the best place to do that is an academy. 

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

It’s also possible(I imagine) that IU asked him to work on certain things and the best place to do that is an academy. 

While that's entirely possible, I doubt that CAM would want to give the impression that he is steering kids away from the local high school. And I'm not saying you suggested that, but I think IU being involved in any way with a kid going to a prep school would be a bad look with high school coaches.

5 minutes ago, cthomas said:

While that's entirely possible, I doubt that CAM would want to give the impression that he is steering kids away from the local high school. And I'm not saying you suggested that, but I think IU being involved in any way with a kid going to a prep school would be a bad look with high school coaches.

Hmm when you put it like that I bet you are right. Hadn’t thought about that angle. 

Extensive conversation with Newman's HS coach and you don't get the feeling he believes the decision to leave Valpo was because IU or any college was pushing him in that direction.  Also, it's something Newman and his HS coach had been discussing for the past 2 months so it wasn't an out-of-the-blue decision.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/07/07/iu-purdue-target-valparaisos-brandon-newman-chooses-prep-school/765347002/

Okay time to turn up the heat on Newman!!! At least Archie doesn't have to waste time on Carton anymore...he can really focus on Newman and Franklin. Both guys offer plenty of upside and have many P5 offers. 
Florida State just offered Newman