Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

We got a tough stretch coming up but the last six games all look winnable. Now I doubt we win them all but if we are 6-6 we could finish off strong hopefully in the last 6 games. One can dream I guess.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

They all look equally losable too though. If we finish anywhere close to 12-6 I'll be shocked.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Definitely an interesting year but way be better playing a little smaller and quicker overall. It's obviously not going to happen at this point but if we could just get freaking Newkirk or Green OR ANYONE to have a light go on from 3, it would help on a good scale. I mention Newkirk because it seemed he ended the last several big ten games, last year, hitting 3s at a decent clip, like 40% or so.

Or somehow get Rojo playing more pissed off. He has a good drive game really. Not super crafty but uses his strength well. He really needs to just utilize a 5 foot jumper but I understand trying to draw fouls too.

And I realize I'm a bit off topic lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

Looking through the schedule, it is completely reasonable for us to finish 12-6. However, it is also completely reasonable that we could finish 7-11. I believe that last Saturday may have been a turning point win. I'm still skeptical but I think with each win their confidence has grown and I also think it was HUGE for them to follow up Saturday's win by coming back and grinding out a win against a really good defensive team.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

And just a reminder for anybody disheartened at the thought of a 9-9 season. 

It took Crean till his 4th season to get 9 wins. 

Different situations.  Crean inherited a nuclear disaster site.

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Still shouldn't take 3 years I'm sorry

Oh I've made my opinion known that year 3 was an underachieving year, if not a big underachievement.  Just pointing out that what Miller inherited isn't comparable to Crean, I'd expect Miller to reach 9 wins before Crean simply because he inherited a better situation.

5 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

Oh I've made my opinion known that year 3 was an underachieving year, if not a big underachievement.  Just pointing out that what Miller inherited isn't comparable to Crean, I'd expect Miller to reach 9 wins before Crean simply because he inherited a better situation.

IMO Miller inherited a team similar to Crean's year 3 team. This team also reminds me of the Vonleh team.

23 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

It's tough to gauge how this team and our future opponents will be playing.

I'd probably go

Highly unlikely:
@MSU, pu, @O$U

Unlikely:
MSU

Possible:
NU, Maryland, @Ill, @Rutger, Minn, Ill, @Iowa, @Neb, O$U

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Kinda how I see it. So 4 probable losses. 

9 possible wins probably even favored in 5 or 6. 

We might pull off one of the 4 but equally likely to give it and another back in the 5 or 6. So I'll say 8-7. 

Wrap then 3 possibles left. Upper limit of 11 games. 9 or 10 wins more likely. 

I expect us to have one WTH loss in the B1G. It happens to (almost) every team (almost) every year. I believe we get one of those unlikely wins too, either pu or MSU at home.

9-9 would be a solid Big Ten season and the two WTF noncon losses to ISU and IPFW will be the reason we don't dance.

4-2 in first third of the conference schedule. A bad loss to Wiscy and a no show at Michigan. Four wins against teams combined for a 8-16 record.

The next stretch is infinitely harder.
@MSU
Maryland
@Ill
pu
@O$U
MSU

Teams for a combined Big Ten record of 22-12 (remove Ill and its 22-7).

I would be happy with a 3-3 record n the next 6 with wins over Maryland, @Ill, and either pu or MSU at home. 4-2 by protecting home court (Maryland, pu, MSU) and a win at Ill would be amazing.

10 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

4-2 in first third of the conference schedule. A bad loss to Wiscy and a no show at Michigan. Four wins against teams combined for a 8-16 record.

The next stretch is infinitely harder.
@MSU
Maryland
@Ill
pu
@O$U
MSU

Teams for a combined Big Ten record of 22-12 (remove Ill and its 22-7).

I would be happy with a 3-3 record n the next 6 with wins over Maryland, @Ill, and either pu or MSU at home. 4-2 by protecting home court (Maryland, pu, MSU) and a win at Ill would be amazing.

3-3 would be fantastic at this point. 

2-4 honestly wont have me upset just disappointed. 

The final third of the season we could potentially go 5-1. By the looks of those teams