Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

High School Basketball Thread

I understand what you are saying and I agree with you, but it isn't feasible because of the reasons i shared.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You can put in a plan and fundraise. It’ll would be a State thing. Schools and the IHSAA working together. You could probably even get the Pacers to help and maybe even IU, PU and ND. But it needs done. So if it has to be a 5 year plan, then so be it. I just went and watched two schools in one of the poorest counties in the state and both could afford it. Though Paoli would have to buy for the boys and girls gym.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Teutopolis and Effingham have hosted a 16 team bracket Christmas Tourney the last 7 yrs. One Bracket is played at Ttown. The other at Effingham. Chicago Corliss has been a participant the last 4 yrs. George Conditt played for Corliss their first 2 yrs. Now he is at Iowa State. When they play their first 2 games, each player passes out a gift to kids in the bleachers before they take the floor. Last year, they have donated a brand new pair of Nikes from each player to Catholic Charities. This year they included some backpacks with school supplies with the Shoes. It is so awesome to see.

Worst we played all year. Lol

You can put in a plan and fundraise. It’ll would be a State thing. Schools and the IHSAA working together. You could probably even get the Pacers to help and maybe even IU, PU and ND. But it needs done. So if it has to be a 5 year plan, then so be it. I just went and watched two schools in one of the poorest counties in the state and both could afford it. Though Paoli would have to buy for the boys and girls gym.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
And that doesn't address getting enough qualified volunteers to do everything. Do we only have the clock for Varsity level games? Or all levels?
I keep the book or clock for every F/S home game and a lot of away games. I've ended up being the head score keeper or ran the clock at away games because they couldn't find someone to help.

If you follow Girls BB this is going to be one of the best 3A Sectionals in the state hosting at Mississinewa:

23. Mississinewa (7): Bellmont, Eastern (Greentown), Fort Wayne Bishop Luers, Heritage, Mississinewa, Norwell, Oak Hill

1 hour ago, HoosierCoop said:

If you follow Girls BB this is going to be one of the best 3A Sectionals in the state hosting at Mississinewa:

23. Mississinewa (7): Bellmont, Eastern (Greentown), Fort Wayne Bishop Luers, Heritage, Mississinewa, Norwell, Oak Hill

Sectional 32 - 3A @Heritage Hills - #3 Evansville Memorial opens up vs #5 Gibson Southern.  It's a shame that has to happen in the opening round, but that is the way the ball bounces.

Norwell with a hard fought Sectionsl title over Bellmont. Bellmont played an awesome game and somehow Norwell persevered and survived. They take on Wimchester next Saturday in Regional action.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

In the last week or so, several Indiana high school coaches have been fired or resigned with games still to be played.  Basil Mawbey was terminated at North Miami HS allegedly because they didn't like his style of play.  This man has only ever coached one style of basketball and has state tournament championships on his resume.  You don't  like his style but you  hired him anyway?

Another long time Indiana coach, Jerry Bomholt of Southwestern HS was forced out and here's his story from the Madison Courier:

https://madisoncourier.com/MobileContent/Sports/Sports/Article/Bomholt-says-players-forced-him-out-at-Southwestern/18/289/118703?fbclid=IwAR2GmmA4OBqsuJs1B7JOmXzcvCov8rfX-t0oDmOUCmnRBaubiR1HWWaiSi0

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In the last week or so, several Indiana high school coaches have been fired or resigned with games still to be played.  Basil Mawbey was terminated at North Miami HS allegedly because they didn't like his style of play.  This man has only ever coached one style of basketball and has state tournament championships on his resume.  You don't  like his style but you  hired him anyway?

Another long time Indiana coach, Jerry Bomholt of Southwestern HS was forced out and here's his story from the Madison Courier:

https://madisoncourier.com/MobileContent/Sports/Sports/Article/Bomholt-says-players-forced-him-out-at-Southwestern/18/289/118703?fbclid=IwAR2GmmA4OBqsuJs1B7JOmXzcvCov8rfX-t0oDmOUCmnRBaubiR1HWWaiSi0

Wow, on the Bomholt article! When is it going to stop with kids getting their way, when they don't like something. No accusations of abuse or anything in the article and it sounded like he had addressed the players issues directly, and they still demand his resignation?

10 hours ago, reconmkd said:

Wow, on the Bomholt article! When is it going to stop with kids getting their way, when they don't like something. No accusations of abuse or anything in the article and it sounded like he had addressed the players issues directly, and they still demand his resignation?

If I was AD Id shut the program down before Id let HS players and or parents get their way.

5 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Basil Mawbey is in the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame and has a state championship and runnerup finish.

I remember the days he was at Lewis Cass. They ran the best 2-3 zone I've ever seen at this level. The year they won state, teams were struggling to break 30 most of the time.