Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

tortex28

Potential starting 5 for next year, does Juwan GoPro?

You are forgetting Thompson

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah, I did at the time. I also had Green in my doghouse. Both will get minutes next year. Then Archie will evaluate who continues getting minutes. He's done well with that this year. Wish it didn't take Green so long to come around. And Wish Rojo was playing up to full potential all season. We could have been a NCAA tourney team this year so easily.

2018 All B1G Defensive First Team, Zach McRoberts would like to say 'hello'

I see him as being more of a role player next year because we'll have so many guys at that position a lot more length and talent than we have this year. Not that he won't be valuable but I can see him getting like 15 minutes off the bench but folks like possibly Romeo and Hunter and Anderson will definitely bring a lot to the table at the wing position

Sent from my SM-J727V using BtownBanners mobile app

Phinisee, Green, and Langford all starting? That leaves Durham and Anderson coming off the bench at the guard spots. If we land Romeo, he will starting at the SG spot. Phinisee or Green at the 1. Morgan will start. It'll depend on if Davis is back and healthy. I could see David at the 5 and then either Smith or Hunter at the 3.

Could be quite the quandary next year because I get the impression Phinisee thinks he's going to start. But with greens improved play who knows.

Sent from my SM-J727V using BtownBanners mobile app

IF Romeo comes, I think we're going to see a starting 5 of Phinisee, Langford, Hunter, Morgan, and Davis. Hunter is going to be an immediate impact player. Anderson will see a good amount of minutes based on his shooting ability alone and we will get contributions from Smith, Green, McBob, and Race off the bench. IF Romeo goes elsewhere, most likely Green will take that spot. I think Davis has A LOT of work to do to be able to contribute in Archie's system next year and is going to need to raise his awareness and footwork to fit back in...I think Race may be a better piece to the Archie puzzle having a better motor/skill set than Davis.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Too many of you are sleeping on Justin Smith as a regular starter for the next three years.

Also, if Langford makes it to Indiana, there will be more than enough scoring in the starting lineup and Mc Roberts is very likely a part of that starting lineup.

45 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Too many of you are sleeping on Justin Smith as a regular starter for the next three years.

Also, if Langford makes it to Indiana, there will be more than enough scoring in the starting lineup and Mc Roberts is very likely a part of that starting lineup.

If we get Romeo and Morgan returns. We have 3 guaranteed startera with those 2 and new and improved Green. 

With 5 players Race, Smith, Hunter, Davis and Mcroberts competeing for the other 2 spots and probably filling out most of the rotation  

My hope is the Green has turned the corner and we land Romeo. If that were to happen...

PG - Green

SG - Langford

SF - Smith

PF - Morgan

C - Davis

bring the freshmen along at their own pace. Plenty of minutes to go around. I do wonder how Moore will look next season. Physically he is more athletic than Davis. If he can make a huge jump, it would be a huge boost. Overall, with an improved Green and Romeo, this team is a tournament team and a top 5 conference team. Maybe even contending for the conference. MSU, OSU, Purdue all lose a ton. 

If we get Romeo and Morgan returns. We have 3 guaranteed startera with those 2 and new and improved Green. 
With 5 players Race, Smith, Hunter, Davis and Mcroberts competeing for the other 2 spots and probably filling out most of the rotation  

Well:
Those three are likely starters and the other five would likely fill out most of the remaining rotation, but there would also need to be at least one, and probably two other guards in the rotation. Phinisee and Al I presume, but a grad transfer wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Also, as much as I want DeRon to be good enough to anchor the middle, his quickness was such a detriment before the injury and I am now skeptical that he will ever be quick enough to be a 20 min per game player.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Well:
Those three are likely starters and the other five would likely fill out most of the remaining rotation, but there would also need to be at least one, and probably two other guards in the rotation. Phinisee and Al I presume, but a grad transfer wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Also, as much as I want DeRon to be good enough to anchor the middle, his quickness was such a detriment before the injury and I am now skeptical that he will ever be quick enough to be a 20 min per game player.

I imagine Mcroberts would snag alot of the guard minutes. 

My guess that means nothing...

PG Robert Phinese

SG Jerome Hunter

SF Damezi Anderson

PF Juwan Morgan (think he stays)

C De'Ron Davis 

McRoberts, Green, Smith, Durham, and Thompson come off the bench. 

This doesn't include Romeo or any transfers. This lineup/bench I think would be a 8-10 seed and middle of big ten team. If Romeo commits it makes us a Big Ten Contender (maybe favorite) and a Sweet 16-Elite 8 team. 

2 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

My guess that means nothing...

PG Robert Phinese

SG Jerome Hunter

SF Damezi Anderson

PF Juwan Morgan (think he stays)

C De'Ron Davis 

McRoberts, Green, Smith, Durham, and Thompson come off the bench. 

This doesn't include Romeo or any transfers. This lineup/bench I think would be a 8-10 seed and middle of big ten team. If Romeo commits it makes us a Big Ten Contender (maybe favorite) and a Sweet 16-Elite 8 team. 

This is oddly realistic for this board... BAN HIM

Regardless of who is starting, the defense has to get better with Davis in the lineup. I believe we see better help defense and rotations because our 5 is quicker with Davis out. This is the reason I want a "quick" 5 in the 2019 class that can hold his own on the block, rotate out to shooters, protect the rim, and rebound.

36 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Regardless of who is starting, the defense has to get better with Davis in the lineup. I believe we see better help defense and rotations because our 5 is quicker with Davis out. This is the reason I want a "quick" 5 in the 2019 class that can hold his own on the block, rotate out to shooters, protect the rim, and rebound.

I agree. DD is way too slow to defend anyone on the perimeter. Doesn't mean he can be on the floor, just limited athletically.  

I like what can bring offensively though. He showed early on (against good teams) that he can score consistently in the post. That is a hugely valuable asset.  His numbers dropped, but I largely blame the guards for not feeding him or giving him the ball late/out of position. 

My DD off-season checklist: Lateral quickness drills. Post moves. Free-throws. No reason he can't play 23/min a game and be a 12pt/7 Reb guy.  

I agree. DD is way too slow to defend anyone on the perimeter. Doesn't mean he can be on the floor, just limited athletically.  
I like what can bring offensively though. He showed early on (against good teams) that he can score consistently in the post. That is a hugely valuable asset.  His numbers dropped, but I largely blame the guards for not feeding him or giving him the ball late/out of position. 
My DD off-season checklist: Lateral quickness drills. Post moves. Free-throws. No reason he can't play 23/min a game and be a 12pt/7 Reb guy.  

Where you're wrong is the 7 rebounds, dude played against guys half his size and would only have 3 it was awful to watch.