Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Final : Indiana 75 - Minnesota 71 | RoJo Career High

1 minute ago, Miller'sTheMan said:

Draymond Green and Paul Millsap come to mind who are similar height.

Yeah, and that is it. Green is considered undersized for a 4 too. Morgan would be really undersized for a 4 in the NBA

Durham will not play much next year imo . There is a reason he was ranked where he was as he is simply not that good. Not sure why some of you are so high on him. I'm not seeing it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

He was ranked the same place McKinley Wright was ranked and he is having a solid year. You never know with rankings sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I understand what you're saying, we're a bad team and Moore hasn't even sniffed the rotation.  However, I'm not worried about him yet.
Crean apologists drove me crazy when they defended terrible recruits by saying "someone has to be the last (13th player) on the bench."  It drove me crazy because we were recruiting kids who didn't belong in the Big Ten and were never going to be more than the last player on the bench.
However, it is true that someone has to be the last player on the bench.  I would rather that player be someone with upside who could develop into a solid rotation player by his junior and senior seasons.  I think Moore is that player, as evaluators talked about the tremendous potential he had.  Some claimed he had the most NBA potential of our recruits, even with the super athletic Smith coming in. 
Right now the game is too fast for him, and he needs to add some weight.  But if we have to have a last player on the bench, I would prefer it be someone who has a chance to develop into a really solid contributor down the line.
Moore is simply not ready and a typical crean project recruit. Maybe in a year or two he can help if he stays but he may also be Jeremiah April 2.0.

9 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Yeah, and that is it. Green is considered undersized for a 4 too. Morgan would be really undersized for a 4 in the NBA

Morgan is a physical clone of Jared Dudley, who has played 11 years as a hybrid 3-4. His shooting has to improve, but the shot's not broken. He's tough, smart, good teammate. He can absolutely play in the league. 

4 minutes ago, Demo said:

Morgan is a physical clone of Jared Dudley, who has played 11 years as a hybrid 3-4. His shooting has to improve, but the shot's not broken. He's tough, smart, good teammate. He can absolutely play in the league. 

I'm not disagreeing. Everything you said about the 3/4 and shooting is on point. Saying he has the right size for the 4 in the NBA is being really generous

20 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

How many 4's are going to back down Morgan in the league? The PF position isn't full of tough post players anymore. Obviously there are match-ups he'd struggle with, but he can absolutely play in the league. Milwaukee plays Khris Middleton at the 4 a lot, is he way bigger than Morgan? Or how about Tobias Harris for Detroit? There are plenty of players similar in size to him who are used as 4's today.

1 minute ago, Miller'sTheMan said:

How many 4's are going to back down Morgan in the league? The PF position isn't full of tough post players anymore. Obviously there are match-ups he'd struggle with, but he can absolutely play in the league. Milwaukee plays Khris Middleton at the 4 a lot, is he way bigger than Morgan? Or how about Tobias Harris for Detroit? There are plenty of players similar in size to him who are used as 4's today.

I never said he couldn't play in the NBA. But you guys are talking about 3's that occasionally play the 4. Plus Middleton, Harris, Dudley, whoever you guys want to compare him to all shoot the ball considerably better than Morgan right now

16 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

I never said he couldn't play in the NBA. But you guys are talking about 3's that occasionally play the 4. Plus Middleton, Harris, Dudley, whoever you guys want to compare him to all shoot the ball considerably better than Morgan right now

I'm talking about players who spend most of their time at the four. Just because they are naturally a three doesn't mean they play that role for the team.

However yes I agree they shoot the ball better, which is why my post said I was worried about Morgan leaving early IF he shoots the ball from the behind the arc like he did @Minny.

Morgan is developing into a solid college player. The step up to the NBA is ginormous though. Green is the poster boy for the new NBA 4. He is way more athletic than Morgan and a better shooter. He dominated the B1G as a senior compared to what Morgan is doing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It would help him if he excelled at something. He is a good defender so that might be close but he would really help himself if he could become a double digit rebounder and he really will have to become a better 3pt shooter.

His form from 3 is not bad so I have been waiting for him to hit some. If he could become a 38% or better shooter that would help

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I have no doubt we wpuld have taken out Wisky if would have showed the hustle we did in this game. I know there are just head scratching games but we could have 2 road games now.

Also, I LOVE all that screen action for Rojo. We will see but that should be a thing.. definitely

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm already tired of hearing/reading about how we beat a short-handed team. Hells bells, we were shorthanded, too, with no Hartman and no Davis (and CuJo already being gone). And we were missing our guys because of injuries and transfers, not because they're sexually assaulting females on campus. ... And as odd as it might be to say, the significance of this win can't be measured until I see what we do against PSU and NW. I've almost already forgotten about the way we played against Duke and ND because in the very next games, we pooped our pants. Hopefully, it's time for us to put together a string of more than two wins. 

Yeah I'm tempering my expectations too.  I think we'll go 1-1 over the next 2, we'll beat PSU but NW will beat us.  I don't like our chances against a veteran-laden team, and we seem to play worse at home for some reason.

We may have a problem under pressure in front of our home crowd.

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm already tired of hearing/reading about how we beat a short-handed team. Hells bells, we were shorthanded, too, with no Hartman and no Davis (and CuJo already being gone). And we were missing our guys because of injuries and transfers, not because they're sexually assaulting females on campus. ... And as odd as it might be to say, the significance of this win can't be measured until I see what we do against PSU and NW. I've almost already forgotten about the way we played against Duke and ND because in the very next games, we pooped our pants. Hopefully, it's time for us to put together a string of more than two wins. 

I'm with you. I was livid yesterday listening to it. Let alone they were at home and were ranked top 20 to begin the year... They were a 7 pt favorite. 

Yeah I'm tempering my expectations too.  I think we'll go 1-1 over the next 2, we'll beat PSU but NW will beat us.  I don't like our chances against a veteran-laden team, and we seem to play worse at home for some reason.

I would flip those. PSU plays hard and scrappy. They actually have talent now too. We seem to lose our heads after a decent win. NW doesn't like to play defense and we can fluster them. McIntosh will be crying about being booed.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

We probably go 1-1 but if we can somehow win both there will be a buzz back at least until we lose in east lansing.

21 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Durham will not play much next year imo . There is a reason he was ranked where he was as he is simply not that good. Not sure why some of you are so high on him. I'm not seeing it.

Curious who you do think will play guard next year? Phinisee, Green and Durham are the only guard's as of now. Are you expecting Hunter &/or Anderson will pick up minutes at SG?