Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Final : Indiana 75 - Minnesota 71 | RoJo Career High

That is absolutely not correct. It's our 4th win their in 10 years and almost every other game has been extremely close in that time. I know its a weird building and is extremely intimidating but in the last hand full of years we have done better there than at most other places.

What wasn’t correct about what I said? I didn’t say anything about the last ten years?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Looking at the stat sheet, the 3 players with the least amount of minutes in the game were Newkirk, Green, and McSwain, while mostly everyone else was able to shine. Honestly it makes sense to me that we were able to do well and get the W with those 3 getting less time on the court. I surely hope they can contribute more and I will root them on, but the way this season has gone so far and everyone's performances, us getting the win and having Smith be able to play as much as he did while Newkirk, Green, and McSwain spent more time on the bench makes complete sense to me. 

Great win! Honestly, I thought we were heading for Wisconsin 2.0 as the second half started. I'll give the game ball to Minnesota for that mess at the end. Greene's bonehead ten second violation was the low light of the game until Minnesota topped it at the end.

We're 2-2 in the big ten with 8 home games remaining and 6 road games. 
Would really love to win these next 2. 

If we could somehow win the next two, vs. PSU (2-2) and NW (1-3), we could build a little momentum before we take our beatdown in East Lansing.

Fine, feel free to criticize.
But what he doesn't deserve after a loss is people questioning if he is the right guy for the job.  It's just way too early for those kind of judgments.
Not sure who ever said that. I saw concern about the team and this year but nobody calling him the wrong guy.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If we could somehow win the next two, vs. PSU (2-2) and NW (1-3), we could build a little momentum before we take our beatdown in East Lansing.

These are games we should win but we all know this team is up and down. But winning both would be huge.

7 hours ago, Treesh said:

McRoberts is a top 3 player on this team. Just his basketball IQ alone makes him so.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He has to score, though.  Otherwise, teams will adjust defenses and he won't be nearly as effective as he has been on occasion.  He was invisible at Wisconsin, and.....we know the result.  0 points combined in 2 games isn't going to cut it.    Yes he does the little things; but if he's not a threat to score, that is an EASY defensive adjustment for any coach.

He has to score, though.  Otherwise, teams will adjust defenses and he won't be nearly as effective as he has been on occasion.  He was invisible at Wisconsin, and.....we know the result.  0 points combined in 2 games isn't going to cut it.    Yes he does the little things; but if he's not a threat to score, that is an EASY defensive adjustment for any coach.
It may be but hopefully Hartman comes back. He role will be less if he does. The key is keeping morgan healthy cause Davis may not come back this year.

2 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

It may be but hopefully Hartman comes back. He role will be less if he does. The key is keeping morgan healthy cause Davis may not come back this year.

Davis is out.  I don't know for sure, but if he did anything but strain his achilles tendon, he's done.   I am shocked, seeing what we did from Smith that he hasn't played more.  Davis was very good early, and just awful recently.   I think with Morgan and Smith as our front court, we are as athletic up there as any team in the Big 10 save one or two.    I just wish we had a reliable point guard.  Newkirk has no confidence right now; and he's playing very poorly.

Fine, feel free to criticize.
But what he doesn't deserve after a loss is people questioning if he is the right guy for the job.  It's just way too early for those kind of judgments.

It's not too early if you didn't think he was the right guy in the first place.

But like I said, he deserves credit for this win.