Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

DE' RON DAVIS INJURY UPDATES

3 hours ago, bigrod said:

I won't disagree, but I think they are also really just starting to come together and get CAM's system as well. They played many pretty long stretches without Davis and never played as well as they are now.

Having said that, Davis doesn't seem like the kind of player CAM would have recruited for his style of play.

The Notre Dame game comes to mind. The big non-conference win of the season. IU got back in that game with De’Ron on the bench for the majority of the time. But I do agree that the players are finally showing what they were capable of from the beginning

4 hours ago, bigrod said:

I won't disagree, but I think they are also really just starting to come together and get CAM's system as well. They played many pretty long stretches without Davis and never played as well as they are now.

Having said that, Davis doesn't seem like the kind of player CAM would have recruited for his style of play.

We're going to miss him against Purdue.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Very few teams can beat purdue trying to match their size. For most teams your best bet is to go small and hope their bigs can't match you on defense. 

Yep - our best hope is to make them look slow.

Bunch of tweets earlier today from different people.

De'Ron Davis is here. Says his recovery is being taken "pretty slow" right now. Got stitches taken out last week, doing some one-legged work to strengthen quads and hamstrings.

Also picking up marbles with his toes and putting them inside a cup.

Davis: "It’s pretty slow right now. I got my stitches out about a week ago and we’ve been taking stuff kind of slow."

Davis says he was told the recovery timeframe is 6-to-9 months. "Right now, it's a pretty slow process."

Davis says injury happened during running after losing a drill. Felt a pop, then pain, then numbness, and at that point Tim Garl got him into the training room.

He thought a manager threw a ball at him while he was running. Said the first thing he did was turn around and ask the manager why he'd throw a ball at him while he was running.

Davis says he's putting a lot of focus on school right now. Didn't go to the OSU game because of schoolwork, he said.

Davis, grading himself pre-injury: "If I had to grade it, my season was probably a D season, coming off of last season, which was an F season. Not that much improved, other than my conditioning."

Personal comments from this Old Fart.  He was late arriving on campus his freshman year because of high school classwork in Colorado and he made the statement about not going to the OSU game because of schoolwork.  I wonder if in general he struggles in the classroom.  Not meant as a dig at Davis, but for some kids, learning just doesn't come as automatic as it does for others.  I appreciated his honesty in assessing this season and his first season.

Anybody's guess at this point what happens with Davis, but in many respects, his options are limited.  Coming off the surgery he's had, would you risk a scholly on him if he wanted to transfer?  Especially in view of his less than eye popping performance on the court before the injury.  

Good grief. Can we get some good news somewhere, anywhere?

Since the beginning of the season it's been a contestant stream of less than good news.

We could really use an impact signing.

And FWIW. Basketball isn't much "fun" when you are losing. It's as simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Anybody's guess at this point what happens with Davis, but in many respects, his options are limited.  Coming off the surgery he's had, would you risk a scholly on him if he wanted to transfer?  Especially in view of his less than eye popping performance on the court before the injury.  

I would honor his departure as well as Moore and Durham.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Our team offense worked significantly better with him. That has to be considered. 

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

A school like Colorado would absolutely take a chance on that.  Low risk/high reward for a program like that.

Why would you want Al to leave? He is one of the few players who does what Coach needs

Sent from my VS988 using BtownBanners mobile app

Probably because we will get better players at his position, didn’t say I wanted him to leave, just being realistic. He can’t shoot to save his life and that’s always been his downfall.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Probably because we will get better players at his position, didn’t say I wanted him to leave, just being realistic. He can’t shoot to save his life and that’s always been his downfall.

Olidipo couldnt shoot as a freshman.People can get better.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

21 minutes ago, HoosierRobbie said:

Whatever you say bud. I don’t see Durham getting much playing time next year and in the future if he stays here.

In my mind it comes down to your expectations for the player.  If you need Durham to be in the rotation playing 15+/night, he's probably going to struggle more often than not.  If on the other hand he's the 10th, 11th man on the bench who gets minutes periodically and brings energy + defense, that's a great spot for him early in his career.  

The dearth of talent on this team will be corrected over the next two years, and guys like Durham, Green and Moore can slide into positions that are conducive to their development & progression.

Whatever you say bud. I don’t see Durham getting much playing time next year and in the future if he stays here.

And you could be wrong Bud.
I myself hope so because that makes us better.The kid plays good defense and doesn't make the dumbass mistakes on offense our two senior guards do.Add a halfway reliable jumper and he's a pretty good player. Stranger things have happened.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app