Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

DE' RON DAVIS INJURY UPDATES

I fully expect the three-guard rotation plus Hartman and Morgan to be the regular lineup until someone steps up. McSwain might start Saturday to send a message to Lynch that it's not a free lunch on the boards, but I think Hartman deserves the start after Wisky.

I fully expect to see Justin embrace this opportunity for PT. We can only hope Moore has more than we've seen because we're going to be seeing "more" of him. 

Like most everyone else on here, I:  

a) feel very bad for a young man with a lot of tools; could this have happened weeks ago (after Duke) and be the reason for his ineffectiveness since then? That would say a lot more positive things about the kid than we've been saying lately if he's been playing hurt.

b) welcome the opportunity to see how this team reacts to losing him...not just the guys who will get more playing time, but the attitude of the others, with a new catalyst to "come together" much like the Blackmon injury two years ago.

Honestly I don't expect us to go on a great run, but this could be the attention-getter Archie needs to get this team to play their hearts out.

Moore would be my preference 

Same, or smith at 4 and Morgan at 5. But, McSwain wouldn't be getting the mins he is now, if he wasn't outperforming Moore on a good scale. But I get building for the future. Maybe Archie switches into that gear now

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

I hate to be another to say this, but this particular team/group is better with Davis on the bench.  There is nothing to be gained this year anyway, other than to give the freshmen more playing time to grow and learn how to play in the B1G.

58 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

Same, or smith at 4 and Morgan at 5. But, McSwain wouldn't be getting the mins he is now, if he wasn't outperforming Moore on a good scale. But I get building for the future. Maybe Archie switches into that gear now

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

I would go Smith. Newkirk, Johnson, McRoberts (or Hartman), Smith, Morgan. Play 1in/4out. Play a little more up-tempo while trying to maintain the defensive principles and not let it turn into a turnover fest.

But, you can never have any 2 or 3 of McSwain, McRoberts or Durham on the floor together. Just not enough offense for a team that already struggles to score. 

I care for DeRon Davis the person (and hate to see anyone injured) but in general I don't care. It'll be nice to see other guys play. We will continue to lose no matter.

Another season where I don't even know what to root for. A winning season seems so unlikely at this point. I'd rather just see some experimentation with playing more youth. I also don't want to root for transfer but whoever isn't buying in.......adios.

Another bad day as a Hoosier.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

35 minutes ago, ctown2grhoosier said:

What's going on with Tim priller I seen him in street clothes against Wisconsin?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using BtownBanners mobile app

Same thing happened last year, something involving credits or GPA? I forget, maybe it's a similar case here? No idea though.

I care for DeRon Davis the person (and hate to see anyone injured) but in general I don't care. It'll be nice to see other guys play. We will continue to lose no matter.

Another season where I don't even know what to root for. A winning season seems so unlikely at this point. I'd rather just see some experimentation with playing more youth. I also don't want to root for transfer but whoever isn't buying in.......adios.

Another bad day as a Hoosier.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Yep we aren't going to win much so try different lineups etc. The difference with or without him is minimal.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I feel bad for him. IU seems to be better without him on the court but still feel bad for him
He blocked alot of shots in Colorado which isn't a bball hot bed and got ranked way to high. He was not a top 40 recruit. Maybe top 100 but bottom tier.

18 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Same thing happened last year, something involving credits or GPA? I forget, maybe it's a similar case here? No idea though.

Apparently he was spotted with a boot on so it was probably injury related. 

Great, no inside game and no outside shooting. Maybe we can push it up the floor and get some fast break points to score. Not allowed to do that either because we turn it over too much. I am having a hard time seeing how this team will have any success. Maybe it is the weather but I am having a hard time pumping some sunshine.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Great, no inside game and no outside shooting. Maybe we can push it up the floor and get some fast break points to score. Not allowed to do that either because we turn it over too much. I am having a hard time seeing how this team will have any success. Maybe it is the weather but I am having a hard time pumping some sunshine.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
Tell yourself it's Indiana it's Indiana!