Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

DE' RON DAVIS INJURY UPDATES

On 7/9/2018 at 7:17 PM, coonhounds said:

Yes fairly confident that is current workout but also didn't show much. I am one of the few who feel he will be ready and a impact player from the start. Imo minutes will be less but mainly because he has backup and never should have been a 20 plus minutes a game player yet anyhow

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Sorry folks but i think you will be disappointed if you are thinking he will be an impact player coming back from this. 

Just to put it into perspective DeMarcus Cousins (similar build but an NBA star) is likely to be out until February 2019 with his ruptured achilles. He tore his in February 2018. I believe De'Ron tore his in January 2018....maybe he starts to turn a corner in the BIG season in January if he does indeed come back in November but im not optimistic. 

I'm still recovering from this injury myself playing basketball and doctors have told me its a 2 year injury. It's about 1 year from the injury to where you can finally go 100% and another year until you are really back to where you were from an athletic/competition standpoint. De'Ron obviously has the best trainers to help with this so I can't compare myself to him and  he's probably a little accelerated in that regard. I actually tore mine a month after his and am still not able to jog or run yet. I have learned a lot from my doctors and the athletes i have read about that have had this injury and attempted to come back the year after. The result is they just weren't as good as before. Many can get back to that level they were at, it just takes patience and time. It's a debilitating injury (sorry for the downer post but it's based on my experience and what I have researched/been told about it). 

Any update on how he's moving?
I'm not expecting much from him this year.  I am hoping that Fitzner is able to come in and put in 20 or so quality minutes.

I think Fitzner is going to be an incredible weapon and we will be thrilled to have him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Any update on how he's moving?
I'm not expecting much from him this year.  I am hoping that Fitzner is able to come in and put in 20 or so quality minutes.

I read the 20 or so as points at first... 20 or so minutes at the 5 would go a long way to give JMo a little less work down low.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

In an instagram post from IUBB, it looked like De'ron was scrimmaging with the team. He made a nice move for a layup. Anyone else see that?

I didn't see it, but he said at Hoosier Hysteria that he had been scrimmaging in 3 on 3 drills.  He said he was close to 4 on 4.  What was the scrimmage on instagram?

1 hour ago, Josh said:

I didn't see it, but he said at Hoosier Hysteria that he had been scrimmaging in 3 on 3 drills.  He said he was close to 4 on 4.  What was the scrimmage on instagram?

He was only in the video for a moment. Very well could have been 3 on 3 now that you mention it.