Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

DE' RON DAVIS INJURY UPDATES

Don't listen to the doubters De'Ron.  Come back strong!  You're an incredible talent.

Agree!! I hope DeRon is not reading this thread—He can help us a lot —remember Duke. I saw improvement before his injury and hope to get to watch his continued development as a Hoosier! Ignore the naysayers DeRon—you have a lot of fans rooting for your quick return.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

25 minutes ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

Agree!! I hope DeRon is not reading this thread—He can help us a lot —remember Duke. I saw improvement before his injury and hope to get to watch his continued development as a Hoosier! Ignore the naysayers DeRon—you have a lot of fans rooting for your quick return.

I really hope you are right... and I am rooting for a full and fast recovery and return... but you also have to be realistic. A ruptured achilles is a major injury that will take time to fully heal... and there's no guarantee that De'Ron will be able to play at the level he was at before the injury... but definitely rooting for him to succeed.

7 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I really hope you are right... and I am rooting for a full and fast recovery and return... but you also have to be realistic. A ruptured achilles is a major injury that will take time to fully heal... and there's no guarantee that De'Ron will be able to play at the level he was at before the injury... but definitely rooting for him to succeed.

I think we question whether a particular player fits a system or not and what role he might fill on our team. But I don't think anyone really roots against a player or hopes he fails. 

Osterman with an article in the Indy Star today on Romeo includes this tidbit.

De’Ron Davis is still working his way back from a ruptured Achilles tendon. But at last check, he was on course to be ready for the start of next season.

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

De’Ron Davis is still working his way back from a ruptured Achilles tendon. But at last check, he was on course to be ready for the start of next season.

That'd be very very good.

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

"But at last check..."

Hahahaha; under that standard, this is also true:

"LeBron James has not yet been approved to play for the Indiana Hoosiers next season. But at last check, there has been no rejection of an application for his addition to the team."

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

"But at last check..."

Hahahaha; under that standard, this is also true:

"LeBron James has not yet been approved to play for the Indiana Hoosiers next season. But at last check, there has been no rejection of an application for his addition to the team."

You haven't had your application rejected either have you?

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Question is how healthy will he be, 70%, 80%, 90% at the start of the season?  I have no idea what to expect but i do think it will take at least a good handful of games if not longer for him to get his feet back under him. 

53 minutes ago, scoot said:

Even if Deron is cleared by september/October he probably will not be in shape and he struggled previously with conditioning. May not help much until BIG10.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

That's what I was thinking.  His injury has probably caused him to put some weight back on, and he should really be around 230 lbs to be an effective big in Archie's system given his athletic shortcomings.

IU basketball put out this tweet just a while ago. Hard to tell from a photo, but DeRon still looks in relatively decent shape to me -- at least it doesn't look as if he's put on a bunch of weight since his injury. I'm sure he's got a long, long way to go before he's healed and in basketball shape, but still ... 

On 4/27/2018 at 12:20 AM, rebelhoosier848891 said:

46 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I am on board that davis will be ready at start of season. Just my faith in staff and trainer and doctors. I think some on here will be surprised and i am sure we all at least hope so for this young man

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

He looks a lot leaner in the picture. That’s good. He was too slow on defense. He does have good hands and knows how to post up so ......oh and he is 6’10”

I think the conditioning thing gets a little overblown. Between zero gravity treadmills and water workouts, a guy can stay in shape without putting much weight at all on his feet. Now, it isn’t game shape, but he isn’t just relaxing for 9 months. If he’s cleared before the season, he should be ready for some minutes early on. He looks good in the construction pictures. 

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I think the conditioning thing gets a little overblown. Between zero gravity treadmills and water workouts, a guy can stay in shape without putting much weight at all on his feet. Now, it isn’t game shape, but he isn’t just relaxing for 9 months. If he’s cleared before the season, he should be ready for some minutes early on. He looks good in the construction pictures. 

I hope if he can do construction work he'd be ready for basketball

42 minutes ago, The Baby Bull said:

He looks a lot leaner in the picture. That’s good. He was too slow on defense. He does have good hands and knows how to post up so ......oh and he is 6’10”

Yep... you can teach skills and teach technique, but you can't teach 'tall'.