Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PF Caleb Furst to Purdue

My favorite in this class. Think that I read somewhere that he really wanted an IU offer. Reminds me of Mo Wagner. I would take that type of player any day. Never know, in 2yrs he could grow a couple of more inches and put on 10-15 more lbs. Good handles, nice shot and good defensive timing around the rim. Him and Lander priorities in this class.

From an article with short profiles of the top players around the Fort Wayne area.

Caleb Furst, Blackhawk Christian sophomore

It didn’t take long for Furst to erase any questions about his ability to adjust to the varsity game as a freshman. He comes into his second season already boasting Division I offers from Purdue, Butler, Indiana, Ohio State and more with many more coming sooner than later.

“I think we have a very high ceiling and as much work as we put in, that is what we will get out of it,” Furst said of the season ahead for his team.

Furst was as high profile of a middle school player as you could be and he did not disappoint during his freshman season. He averaged 14 points and 6.6 rebounds per contest and was named AP All-State honorable mention while helping the Braves to the semi state round in Class 1A. His devotion to the game in the offseason of high school basketball has made him stronger and more agile.

“I try not to think about expectations too much, just focus on what I can do,” Furst said. “Just being a leader with my communication whether it is on the court or even lifting.”

What I heard a couple weeks ago from someone connect to his school is that he is really only considering three of his current offers as legitimate options at this point in time. I don’t know for sure which three schools that is though but thought I would share.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Lander, Blackmon, Furst in ‘21 and call it a day?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Add Terrence Clarke and you’ve got it. Jalen Blackmon looks to be the best of the Blackmon brothers. Just like with the Zeller brothers, the final one is the most gifted. Lander is a gem. He’s going to be great. I don’t need to say anything about Furst. That’d be a great class