Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PF Caleb Furst to Purdue

Our recruitment involvement with him has been so quiet I almost forgot about him. Since Lil Brother’s chips seem to be all-in on him have we pulled back? Or is he just not a huge priority anymore? I guess I’m just viewing it based on what I read on this board and he hasn’t been a hot topic at all.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Being a Fort Wayne person I really like him. It seems we still spend time on him but we seem to be prioritizing Kaufman at a similar position. Maybe that is situation, or maybe this kid just isn’t into Indiana much. But we’ve certainly spent time and some efforts.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

16 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Tonight's game also available at:  

Not to be overly hyperbolic, but live streaming of HS basketball games may be the the most significant advancement in human history.  Not gun powder. Not long distance sailing ships. Not flight. This right here. 

Freaking love it.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Not to be overly hyperbolic, but live streaming of HS basketball games may be the the most significant advancement in human history.  Not gun powder. Not long distance sailing ships. Not flight. This right here. 

Freaking love it.

And I thought last night's announcers did a really nice job.  Some of the announcers on high school game streams are absolutely painful to listen to.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And I thought last night's announcers did a really nice job.  Some of the announcers on high school game streams are absolutely painful to listen to.

Agree, they were fine.  Though some of the weird randomness of the local announcers has it’s appeal. The guys who did the couple of Luke Brown/Blackford games I watched last year were pretty fun in that, “2 half drunk dudes at the bar” sort of way.

Plus, your assessment of Furst’s night was pretty spot on. 

Blackhawk Christian and New Haven were tied at halftime, but the Braves had an impressive showing in the second half, going on to win 74 to 48.  Caleb Furst led the Braves with 23 points and 18 rebounds. Marcus Davidson added 20.

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Blackhawk Christian and New Haven were tied at halftime, but the Braves had an impressive showing in the second half, going on to win 74 to 48.  Caleb Furst led the Braves with 23 points and 18 rebounds. Marcus Davidson added 20.

Painter was watching last night. fwiw

In the Forum Tipoff Classic Silver Creek gets the win over Blackhawk Christian 78-74.  My unofficial scorecard had Furst with 23 pts. on 9-11 FG; 5-7 FT; 9 reb; 1 asst; 2 TO; 2 blks.  He has developed a nifty spin move since last season. 

On 12/14/2019 at 8:06 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In the Forum Tipoff Classic Silver Creek gets the win over Blackhawk Christian 78-74.  My unofficial scorecard had Furst with 23 pts. on 9-11 FG; 5-7 FT; 9 reb; 1 asst; 2 TO; 2 blks.  He has developed a nifty spin move since last season. 

He's such a different player than the one I watched numerous times last season.  Much more polished.  Frankie Davidson was the leader on last year's team but Furst has really stepped up to become the leader with Davidson's graduation.  Those highlights that IAWT posted are not something you saw from Furst last year.