Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PF Caleb Furst to Purdue

Blackhawk Christian had to work really hard to pull out a 56-52 win over Bishop Dwenger (2-11).  Dwenger kept it close with some very good 3-point shooting and was the more aggressive team going for rebounds and loose balls.  Furst finished with 18 pts. on 7-11 FG; 4-6 FT; 11 reb; 6 assists; 2 TO.  He demonstrated the ability to handle the ball as on one possession he grabbed a rebound and took it coast-to-coast for a slam.  He was double teamed virtually every time he got the ball and triple teamed on occasion.

27 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Don't waste  your time on the Blackhawk game vs Miami.  It's a middle school game!   Would have  been nice had they made that clear in their promos.

Yeah, when I saw you post the stream, I was thinking who the heck is Miami? Now it makes total sense.

Furst and his Blackhawk Christian teammates will be participating in this coming Saturday's Basketball Day in Indiana event to be held at the historic Kokomo Memorial Gymnasium in downtown Kokomo.  They will play Indpls. Crispus Attucks with a 2:30 scheduled tipoff.  Although it's not showing up on my cable guide, Fox Sports Indiana will televise all 4 games.

Because it was a slow day in the OF office, I watched last night's Blackhawk game to see what Archie & Ostrom saw.  Final score was 66-48.  Furst finished with 18 points and sat out the last 4 min. of the 4th Q.  I had him with 6-12 FG; 0-1 on 3s; 6-6 FT; 17 reb; 4 asst; 3 TO; 3 blks.  3 of his 4 assists led to made 3s for Blackhawk.  He had a double double in the first half with 12 pts. and 13 reb.

He had a clear height advantage over anyone on the South Side team and either altered a lot of South Side shots or forced them to kick the ball back outside because of his defensive presence.  He has a quick spin move to his right and really runs the floor well.  There was a sequence in the 3rd Q where it looked like the teams were running wind sprints and he was right out in front.  

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We get:

1.Furst or Kaufman

2. Mohammed or Lander

3. Wesley/Someone similar and good

Maybe we start winning some basketball games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Kaufman all day long! Stretches the defense with his ability to shoot outside. See him as TJD's replacement.