Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PF Caleb Furst to Purdue

Roy Williams, Tom Izzo, Matt Painter, Brad Underwood, John Coffman as well as an assistant from Indiana are at the Blackhawk v Homestead game for Luke Goode and Caleb Furst
B Snow

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Don’t like at all. Not sure if Indiana is pursuing as hard as it needs to.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Like seriously I get we are one country and all but there’s gotta be some way to keep those guys out of the state. Or in painters case can we exile him 

Well, the schools could make it it pretty uncomfortable for coaches when they come if they want to.

I went to Homestead and cannot imagine my high school self allowing Painter and Izzo etc to come into our gym without letting them know they weren’t wanted there

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I went to Homestead and cannot imagine my high school self allowing Painter and Izzo etc to come into our gym without letting them know they weren’t wanted there

Come on now!  It's all about the kids.  I would like to think if you were really in an administrative role, this wouldn't be your stance.  Well, maybe internally but you wouldn't hinder the process for the kid that has busted his backside to have an opportunity to play in front of a D1 level coach.

27 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I was told last year that Furst to Purdue was pretty much a done deal. I would love to see IU get Goode.

Are we in the picture with him?

I was checking and see no mention of us at all with him.Hope that's incorrect.

1 minute ago, Woodson1980 said:

Are we in the picture with him?

I was checking and see no mention of us at all with him.Hope that's incorrect.

I think were more in the picture with Furst. Goode has an offer from Louisville I know that. I haven't seen him play but he just seems like an Indiana shooter which we haven't had in a few years

13 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Don’t like at all. Not sure if Indiana is pursuing as hard as it needs to.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

So we are not pursuing him hard enough because we sent our assistant coach and not our head coach like the other schools?  Do you some of you just wake up, jot down all the things you need to complain about for the day, eat breakfast, and start the complaints.  I'm surprised we even sent an assistant.  For crying out loud, we are playing AT Rutgers today.  It's not like IU never recruits the kid...they probably can only do it when it works with their current season schedule as it should be.  The other schools in attendance are not scheduled to play today.  

If Archie would have been at Furst's game and we lose tonight..."Well he needs to worry about his own team instead of out recruiting HS kids!!!"

Some of our fan base is absolutely intolerable. 

So we are not pursuing him hard enough because we sent our assistant coach and not our head coach like the other schools?  Do you some of you just wake up, jot down all the things you need to complain about for the day, eat breakfast, and start the complaints.  I'm surprised we even sent an assistant.  For crying out loud, we are playing AT Rutgers today.  It's not like IU never recruits the kid...they probably can only do it when it works with their current season schedule as it should be.  The other schools in attendance are not scheduled to play today.  
If Archie would have been at Furst's game and we lose tonight..."Well he needs to worry about his own team instead of out recruiting HS kids!!!"

It is intolerable to see fans that never post only come on to bash people, you are the true fan I suppose, smh. You took that post for what you wanted it to be so you could bash

Lol. Super overreaction alert.

Read my post again.

“Don’t like at all” Purdue is the perceived leaders. Painter is there. Izzo has been stealing Indiana stars for years. Roy W and Nike can offer everything a player might want. It’s fair not to like this.

“NOT SURE if we are pursuing as hard as we need to”- read into that what you want. We aren’t leaders here but we seem to have a chance. I get the perception our staff is prioritizing Kaufman over Furst. And that’s fine but they are both primary type targets. Maybe it doesn’t matter how hard we pursue with Furst. Maybe it does. Hence, the “Not Sure”.

Get a grip.

Lol. Super overreaction alert.

Read my post again.

“Don’t like at all” Purdue is the perceived leaders. Painter is there. Izzo has been stealing Indiana stars for years. Roy W and Nike can offer everything a player might want. It’s fair not to like this.

“NOT SURE if we are pursuing as hard as we need to”- read into that what you want. We aren’t leaders here but we seem to have a chance. I get the perception our staff is prioritizing Kaufman over Furst. And that’s fine but they are both primary type targets. Maybe it doesn’t matter how hard we pursue with Furst. Maybe it does. Hence, the “Not Sure”.

Get a grip.

Bad thing about it is I don’t think we lead for any of the big 3 for 2021.

Bad thing about it is I don’t think we lead for any of the big 3 for 2021.

It would be unfortunate not to get any of them but if it leaning that way Archie and staff need to have a good fee for that and work on a series of other options

Which 3 are the big 3?  Furst, Lander, Kaufman?

Yes, those are the 3 I was referring to. According to most Kaufman is favoring Purdue and furst is aswell, all though I doubt they end up at the same school. Maybe lander favors us but it’s gonna be a dogfight with Louisville it seems.

Yes, those are the 3 I was referring to. According to most Kaufman is favoring Purdue and furst is aswell, all though I doubt they end up at the same school. Maybe lander does but it’s gonna be a dogfight with Louisville it seems.

And would be another big swing and a miss by Archie.

I think we get 2 of Lander, Kaufman, Furst, Wesley.
Even though we need guards, I think I like Furst and Kaufman the most of the 4.

I am not as enamored with Lander and Wesley.

Don’t get me wrong, Lander might be a homerun and Wesley is very athletic with a lot of potential, but I really, really like Furst and Kaufman.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Trying to get caught up on some games I missed.  Last  Monday, FW Blackhawk defeated Chicago Westinghouse 80-58 as a participant in the Martin Luther King Classic in Chicago.  Furst recorded his first career triple-double -- 16 pts; 15 reb; 11 assts.