Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PF Caleb Furst to Purdue

37 minutes ago, schoosier said:

Does anyone remember the Matt Carlino offer? I haven’t seen this kid play and certainly won’t compare Archie to the tan one, but how many blue blood programs are offering freshmen and sophomores? Plus, a lot can change in a couple years. TDJ said Purdue was his first offer and it meant something. That something will keep them in the final mix only to be heartbroken when he becomes our first 2019 commit.

12 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Need to offer when enough evaluation is done and that a kid is not just good but fits our needs and is also very interested in IU. No point In offering early if those things are all nit clear

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That's the thing, sometimes the mid-high 4 star is a much better fit, much better choice than some 5 stars.

Sometimes the Victor Oladipo traits on a 3 star are better than the Jeremy Hollowell traits on a 4 star.

1 hour ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

That's the thing, sometimes the mid-high 4 star is a much better fit, much better choice than some 5 stars.

Sometimes the Victor Oladipo traits on a 3 star are better than the Jeremy Hollowell traits on a 4 star.

Victor Oladipo is just a better basketball player and athlete than Hollowell. 

Furst is participating in the Nike Elite 100 Camp this weekend.  This is Evan Daniels and Brian Snows thoughts after 2 days of action.

Caleb Furst shows he belongs
Ft. Wayne, Indiana native Caleb Furst had a very strong evening session on Friday. Furst, who is known more for skill than explosion, had a few high level dunks in traffic, one of which was a tip dunk on an offensive rebound.

Along with the athleticism plays, Furst also held his own on the glass, and finished with a few nice post moves as well.

Beyond that Furst blocked shots, and ran the floor every single possession. Just a class of 2021 prospect, Furst held his own against some of the best bigs in the country, and has made a real impression with his play.

Unfortunately over the years, they've had a pretty good pipeline to the Fort Wayne area.

They have and I find that odd. I grew up in Fort Wayne and my family is still there, it is unquestionably a pro IU town. Not to say there aren’t PU and ND fans but IU is king.

They have and I find that odd. I grew up in Fort Wayne and my family is still there, it is unquestionably a pro IU town. Not to say there aren’t PU and ND fans but IU is king.

I can attest. Purdue has a strong following and Notre Dame as well but I really think IU leads by a solid margin.