Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

Potential Transfers

I was curious to see what other people think but as of right now I see 2 or 3 more guys transferring after this year. The guy I'd put my money on the most is DD. After that I'm not sure but I wanted to see what other people's opinions are on the topic.

I was curious to see what other people think but as of right now I see 2 or 3 more guys transferring after this year. The guy I'd put my money on the most is DD. After that I'm not sure but I wanted to see what other people's opinions are on the topic.

Im not going to get into names cause thats unfair but I'd say two more transfers giving us 4 spring grants. Obviously Romeo gets one if he comes and two grad transfers imo and hold a grant. No reason to bring in non instant impact frosh given the size of the class already. If no Romeo maybe a junior college guy also.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

I am not as sold on DD leaving as most, I think he will put in the effort and continue to be THE BIG for this team next season. If anybody walks I think it will be 1 or both of the freshman that are not getting minutes this year.

The truth is we need DD to stay. Archie HAS TO get him engaged. That is part of the head coaching job. We don't have another big we can start in the post. Race Thompson isn't big enough as far as I recall and Forrester will not be ready from a strength/conditioning perspective at the very least. 

I'm guessing Green will be gone and it won't be his choice. 

1 hour ago, HoosierCoop said:

I have a feeling that Archie is going to do a full assessment at the end of the season and possibly clean house.  I think it will be a work or walk conversation that takes place and I can see a few that will walk.

Betcha that assessment has already been 90% completed.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Betcha that assessment has already been 90% completed.

Most definitely.

If I am Justin Smith, If I see any floor time, I am going in swinging for the fence.  Not sure what is happening to him.  I would think of DD struggles he would salivate at the opportunity. 

Every one of our players signed up to play a different style with a coach with a different personality. They have had this season to figure out if CAM's system can work for them. Anyone who decides it does not should try to find a better fit. Playing college basketball should be a once in a lifetime experience and be enjoyed to the fullest. I thank, and wish the best, for anyone from this team seeking a more compatible situation.

I see anywhere from 2-3 transfers. So that leaves us without 7-8 players from this year’s roster. I’m okay with that. 
7 to 8 players from this roster? Are you including walk ons? I'd say 4 or 5 players from this year's roster leaving like 8 grants total for next year.

7 to 8 players from this roster? Are you including walk ons? I'd say 4 or 5 players from this year's roster leaving like 8 grants total for next year.

Umm.. we already are guaranteed that five will leave because their eligibility will be exhausted.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

15 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Uhh. Only four? So a senior will find some eligibility?

We'll lose McSwain, Priller, Newkirk, Johnson, Collin, and Curtis. There's 6 already. 

I know hating on players is fun right now, but I hope we keep our guys. Once you're on my team, I cheer for your improvement, not replacement. Hard for me to distinguish between cheering for the team and cheering for the players. Obviously if you're a jerk that's different.

We need DeRon to stay. Even if his numbers aren't meeting fan expectations, he brings an inside presence that really helps the team, and can't be found easily. Getting a true 6'10" post is tough. 

We need to keep faith in our freshmen. You can't on one hand want to be a team that builds with 4 year guys, and simultaneously expect young players to be big contributors. We're going to need guidance for recruits coming in, and these guys will provide that. Through these losses all of these guys are gaining experience and hopefully toughness. I think Justin and Clifton will both benefit from better PG play. 

We'll lose McSwain, Priller, Newkirk, Johnson, Collin, and Curtis. There's 6 already. 
I know hating on players is fun right now, but I hope we keep our guys. Once you're on my team, I cheer for your improvement, not replacement. Hard for me to distinguish between cheering for the team and cheering for the players. Obviously if you're a jerk that's different.
We need DeRon to stay. Even if his numbers aren't meeting fan expectations, he brings an inside presence that really helps the team, and can't be found easily. Getting a true 6'10" post is tough. 
We need to keep faith in our freshmen. You can't on one hand want to be a team that builds with 4 year guys, and simultaneously expect young players to be big contributors. We're going to need guidance for recruits coming in, and these guys will provide that. Through these losses all of these guys are gaining experience and hopefully toughness. I think Justin and Clifton will both benefit from better PG play. 

I think Davis is a product of his environment. I think most of these players are solid sheep. If Phinisee, plus a few others, can inject a bit of leadership next season we'll see a completely different team. Davis seems like the type that needs coddling but could thrive if he ever matures as an individual. (I've supervised kids like him and it's a pain in the butt to get them to see this. It's literally a task by task basis.)

4 or 5 players coming back leaving 8 grants.

Im not going to get into names cause thats unfair but I'd say two more transfers giving us 4 spring grants. Obviously Romeo gets one if he comes and two grad transfers imo and hold a grant. No reason to bring in non instant impact frosh given the size of the class already. If no Romeo maybe a junior college guy also.

100% agree with this.