Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

MIAMI OL Nick Linder is going to #Indiana (grad transfer)

27 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Just curious, which Miami?  OH or FL?

EDIT:  Nevermind.  Commented before I read the release.

The U!!! This is a huge, huge pickup. It sounds like he left because there was some uncertainty with playing time next year. He's had a few shoulder surgeries and didn't get to play due to it this season. The fill in did well and he would have to compete with him for his final season. 

Great pickup! Our line needs all the help it can get. Imo last year our problem was the line more than it was the skill players. I thought Ramsey/Ellison were actually fine for freshmen. Ramsey (or whoever the qb is) and Ellison will greatly benefit. 

3 minutes ago, BabyJandJDaddy said:

What kind of offers did he have coming out of high school? 

It looks like he was a Miami lean from the beginning so not much is out there. He was a 3 star from Fort Lauderdale and a legacy signing since his older brother Brandon Linder went to the U. Brandon is now the starting center for the Jacksonville Jaguars. 

I'm glad that Allen and co. are being creative, even if it means pilferage.

In order for IU to ever "breakthrough"  they will need to change the stigma of IU football, getting at least low level 4*'s on both sides of the LOS.  The 4* OL kid from Detroit that looked like he was going to Bloomington, now to Ol Miss is another example.

I wouldn't mind bringing in another grad transfer or two if the opportunity is there. This is exactly what Purdue did this year with Brohm and it made a huge difference. He had two or three guys turned instant starters.If Linder is fully healthy he is your starting center the entire year. Be interesting to watch to see what else CTA does this offseason regarding grad transfers/transfers/remaining recruits out there.