Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

yogisballin

Race Thompson/DDavis

With De’Ron being as soft as a baby’s backside, I see why Race was so important to come in the way he did and redshirt. Backup plan to DD not working out. Like I said in another post. Since the Louisville game. He’s averaging 5.8pts 4rebs shooting 48%fg. And how bad is it really with 3 of those 5 being Youngstown St, Tenn Tech and IPFW.

I’m hoping for a big upgrade here. And DD can come off the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I've always been high on De'Ron but it's becoming clearer and clearer that he's not who I thought he'd be.

It looked like he'd come in and be a shot blocking machine while averaging well over 10 ppg.  

He's just so unathletic.

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Any 2018 bigs left?

There are 6 or 7 bugs left that are in the espn 100. However all but 1 or 2 have either a list of 2 or 3 schools or they have question marks because of the FBI investigation. 

It will have to be grad transfers and I suspect we will have several open grants.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Probably will be the grad transfer route. Let’s keep our fingers crossed. Really hate that I’m writing DD off this early but I don’t see B1G level play in him, consistently

Honestly we might as well bench Deron and play Moore. He may be raw but I guarantee he will be happy to get a chance to play and play harder than Deron has his whole career. Not to mention he can move better and make it up and down the court.

Blow it up. BLOW IT UP. I would rather watch a team give it their all and loose versus the effort put in last night. BLOW IT UP

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This team is going to look so ridiculously different next year.

I'm guessing 2 more transfers (source on another board says 2-3), so we'll likely have an entirely different roster next year.

It'll be interesting to see how many more 2018 recruits Archie goes after, as he'll probably rather go the grad transfer route for the sake of not having a huge freshman class.

23 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

This team is going to look so ridiculously different next year.

I'm guessing 2 more transfers (source on another board says 2-3), so we'll likely have an entirely different roster next year.

It'll be interesting to see how many more 2018 recruits Archie goes after, as he'll probably rather go the grad transfer route for the sake of not having a huge freshman class.

I expect big changes. Its gotta happen.

The most frustrating thing is this is starting to look like a crean era rebuild minus the ncaa sanctions. Thanks fred.

What else were u expecting AM come in and do. Most coaches all would’ve done the same coming in this late and that is retain what was here

What else were u expecting AM come in and do. Most coaches all would’ve done the same coming in this late and that is retain what was here

I'm saying we will basically by starting from ground zero next year. 3 year rebuild again and that's frustrating after 17 years of rebuilds. I honestly feel if Archie can't get it done iu will never be more than an average big ten team again. The brand will be so damaged it will never recover

3 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

The most frustrating thing is this is starting to look like a crean era rebuild minus the ncaa sanctions. Thanks fred.

What did you realistically expect? I see you posting the same thing every day it seems. 

The roster was poorly constructed by the previous staff. A staff that lacked discipline and accountability. Which leads to the soft team we have now. Players not willing to give 100%. The country club is over and I’m sure changes will come. 

Archie wasn’t top of my list, though he was on my list of coaches I’d be happy with. I’m a huge Gregg Marshall fan and I don’t think he would be doing much better than Archie if he were here. He has been a coach much longer too.

2 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

I'm saying we will basically by starting from ground zero next year. 3 year rebuild again and that's frustrating after 17 years of rebuilds. I honestly feel if Archie can't get it done iu will never be more than an average big ten team again. The brand will be so damaged it will never recover

College sports is all about the coach. You get a top coach and you get top talent. You get top talent and you can make consistent runs. Do you think Villanova ever though they would be good again before Jay Wright showed up? You get the right coach and you can go from a middling team to elite. With the resources the state of Indiana has, IU is always a coach away from greatness. Will Archie get us there? I don’t know but he has my full support right now.