Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2021 General Recruiting Thread

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Drew Davis reporting we're expressing interest in Pierre Brooks listed as a 6'5" SG from Douglass Academy in Detroit, MI on 247.  He's currently not ranked by either 247 or Rivals.  

I’m seeing a ranking of 98th from 247. 

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Thanks Brass.  I just left 247 and Rivals and didn't see a ranking on either site.  Damn bifocals.

Well that’s there ranking not the composite. There ranking doesn’t always load for me. I have done literally the same thing. 

Well that’s there ranking not the composite. There ranking doesn’t always load for me. I have done literally the same thing. 

Me too. Do you go in on your phone or PC? I have that same issue periodically and have tried figuring it out for a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On my phone. It’s a very strange issue

Yeah I am usually on my phone too. I have my iPhone. I will have to test out for a while on my PC to see if it’s that. When I was a mod there I was told that couldn’t be the issue and hadn’t heard of anyone that had the same issue.

Edit: Somehow I put kid where mod was supposed to be. Easy mixup .

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Been about 2 months since I last posted my list of '21 offers and there have been 4 additional offers since that post.  As always, if I've missed anyone please let me know.

AAU Name Pos. 247 High School Location   Offered

UA Christie, Max  SG 5 Rolling Meadows HS Rolling Meadows, IL   06.19.19
EYBL Clarke, Terrence SF 5 Brewster Academy Wolfeboro, NH   07.23.18
Adidas Duncomb, Logan C N/A Archbishop Moeller Cincinnati, OH   07.31.19
EYBL Furst, Caleb C 4 FW Blackhawk Christian Fort Wayne, IN   10.27.18
EYBL Hopkins, Bryce SF N/A Fenwick HS Oak Park, IL   06.22.19
Adidas Kauffman, Trey PF 4 Silver Creek HS Sellersburg, IN   06.07.19
EYBL Kepnang, Franck C 4 Westtown HS Norristown, PA   07.18.19
Adidas Lander, Khristian G 5 Evansville Reitz HS Evansville, IN   09.08.18
EYBL Mohammed, Aminu SF 5 Greenwood Lab School Springfield, MO   07.17.19
UA Patterson, Trey SF 4 Rutgers Preparatory Somerset, NJ   06.24.19
UA Wesley, Blake  SG 4 South Bend Riley HS South Bend, IN   07.29.19

Thanks for doing this! Minor request - consider sorting on position so we could easily see where we might be creating depth or pressure for a commitment? I'm assuming you're doing this in Excel. If not, no worries and still appreciate it!

And people still want Luke Brown to have an offer when Goode is better and has B10 offers. Baffles me tbh

Me too. People are complaining about us offering fringe top 100 players and clamoring for Brown. Never have seen the kid. Just see one stat of ppg and that correlates to he would dominate IU. Drives me bat **** crazy.

Me too. People are complaining about us offering fringe top 100 players and clamoring for Brown. Never have seen the kid. Just see one stat of ppg and that correlates to he would dominate IU. Drives me bat **** crazy.

Lets be fair here, I haven’t seen anyone say that he would dominate IU. I’ve seen several that have wanted IU to stay in contact or offer but nothing about dominating IU. I think he’s probably a hellavu kid and a really good basketball player but doesn’t end up at the Big Ten level. What would it hurt sending a letter basically saying we see what you’re doing and we’re watching from afar. I don’t see how that would hurt. I don’t think an offer is needed at this point.

There was some back and forth on how to handle Leal and for the most part I thought the staff did a solid job there. We’ll see how they handle, or not, Luke Brown. At this point, there are a lot better options that were in with though.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Dominate? Strong word from my end and you are right wasn’t the right one. This staff has seen him a ton. I think any that follow recruiting enough realize IU watches his AAU team a ton. He just isn’t a fit for what CAM is building. His wings are in that 6’4”-6’7” range long and athletic for a reason. It fits his team. The fact we have so many more posts dedicated to a kid that doesn’t have a single high D1 offer is crazy to me. Why keep in touch? To this point supposedly PU is. Are they really? Not according to their fans. Why should we keep in touch with a player that just doesn’t fit the roster in any way? That’s my thing. If we should keep in touch with him I would be willing to bet we would keep in touch with a multitude of other Indiana high school players and that minimizes CAM in the state to high school coaches. At this point he can walk into a gym and it means something. He is not Crean. He is focused on who and what he is after. I respect that aspect of him. I understand what you guys are saying but if he hasn’t done it after him and his staff have watched him more than most it just isn’t going to happen. As a priority walk on? Sure. But those come closer to the end of their Senior year.

What does a “heck of a season averaging x points your sophomore year, best of luck to you” letter take in terms of time and commitment? I’m not sure what happened behind the seems with Leal but it worked. If Luke is a diehard IU fan and comes from a well off family the preferred walk on scenario is one I’ve brought up in the past. We shall see though. Completely agree about the posts.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app