Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2021 General Recruiting Thread

Luke Goode to Hang Up the Football Helmet After High School, Choosing Basketball Full-Time.

Homestead junior Luke Goode has some big time decisions coming up for senior year. What to wear to prom, a good quote for the yearbook and where he will be playing college basketball.

Whether Goode goes to the big ten or not is still to be decided, but the connections to the conference and his family run deep.

Goode is averaging over 17 points per game this season, the guard out of Homestead plans to make a decision on where he will be attending college over the summer.

From StockRisers on Luke Goode's current recruitment.  NOTE:  I screwed up and first posted it in Furst's thread.  I blame it on the cold medicine I'm taking.  Doesn't sound like we're making much of a current push for Goode.

Luke Goode blew up onto the scene over the past few months after an excellent summer with the Indy Heat last year. In addition, he became one of the best shooters in Indiana and it helped lead to a national recruitment.

Goode visited schools varying from Michigan State to Louisville to Indiana and many others to cap off 2019. Over the past few weeks, he took his second official visit, the first was to Maryland. This one was to Xavier, a program who has been on Goode for months.

“Xavier official went really well. I like Coach Steele a lot and the culture that he has built,” Goode told Stockrisers.com.

After that official visit, this past weekend Goode was in Champaign for his second unofficial visit to Illinois, here’s what he said on that: “Illinois was great today. They are probably recruiting me the hardest and that sticks out to me a lot.”

Goode listed several schools that are on him hard right now, that list includes: Northwestern, Maryland, Illinois, Michigan state, Xavier, marquette, Louisville and Stanford involved.

Marquette, who he mentioned on that list, is a more recent school that has gotten involved and the staff would like to get him up for a visit at some point.

When could we see movement in this recruitment? “I will likely make a list cut early in the summer and take it from there.”

Finally, Goode had some heavy thoughts on this summer’s Indy Heat squad which he is excited for: “Peach Jam or Nothing.”

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From StockRisers on Luke Goode's current recruitment.  NOTE:  I screwed up and first posted it in Furst's thread.  I blame it on the cold medicine I'm taking.  Doesn't sound like we're making much of a current push for Goode.

Luke Goode blew up onto the scene over the past few months after an excellent summer with the Indy Heat last year. In addition, he became one of the best shooters in Indiana and it helped lead to a national recruitment.

Goode visited schools varying from Michigan State to Louisville to Indiana and many others to cap off 2019. Over the past few weeks, he took his second official visit, the first was to Maryland. This one was to Xavier, a program who has been on Goode for months.

“Xavier official went really well. I like Coach Steele a lot and the culture that he has built,” Goode told Stockrisers.com.

After that official visit, this past weekend Goode was in Champaign for his second unofficial visit to Illinois, here’s what he said on that: “Illinois was great today. They are probably recruiting me the hardest and that sticks out to me a lot.”

Goode listed several schools that are on him hard right now, that list includes: Northwestern, Maryland, Illinois, Michigan state, Xavier, marquette, Louisville and Stanford involved.

Marquette, who he mentioned on that list, is a more recent school that has gotten involved and the staff would like to get him up for a visit at some point.

When could we see movement in this recruitment? “I will likely make a list cut early in the summer and take it from there.”

Finally, Goode had some heavy thoughts on this summer’s Indy Heat squad which he is excited for: “Peach Jam or Nothing.”

I have heard on other boards that an offer is coming soon. Hopefully this tracks like the recent recruitments of Leal, Galloway, and Armaan Franklin. The staff kept tabs on the player but didn't make an offer and really start recruiting them until after their junior year. It worked out in all three cases despite their recruitment from other schools