Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2021 General Recruiting Thread

What’s sad is I think Rivals is the second best service but they seem to be less invested in actual scouting than 247 by a significant margin. 

That’s why I always use the 247 composite. By far the best ranking to use since it uses so many different systems. As of now Indiana is 2nd in the Big Ten behind only Wisconsin. But there are also like 100 uncommitted kids out of the Top 150. And like half or so of the Top 100.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

That’s why I always use the 247 composite. By far the best ranking to use since it uses so many different systems. As of now Indiana is 2nd in the Big Ten behind only Wisconsin. But there are also like 100 uncommitted kids out of the Top 150. And like half or so of the Top 100.

Disagree completely. Using more isn’t better if the additional ones are garbage.

Most 247 scouts don’t even look at it or even like to mention it but it’s one of 247 inventions so they can’t really talk bad about it. Some of them have 0 clue what numbers are put into the formula to get the composite number. I look at it but I disagree that it’s by far the best.

Disagree completely. Using more isn’t better if the additional ones are garbage.

I will use a composite before I ever use just 247, just Rivals or just ESPN. ESPN has their agenda on players and teams. I see a lot of fans switch back and forth with whichever ranking system has their commits ranked the highest or their class ranked the highest. The composite seems the most fair. It would be nice to which ranking systems they use but I imagine those 3 are definitely in there. Now if someone wants to create a composite using only those 3, then be my guest.

9 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I will use a composite before I ever use just 247, just Rivals or just ESPN. ESPN has their agenda on players and teams. I see a lot of fans switch back and forth with whichever ranking system has their commits ranked the highest or their class ranked the highest. The composite seems the most fair. It would be nice to which ranking systems they use but I imagine those 3 are definitely in there. Now if someone wants to create a composite using only those 3, then be my guest.

Composite is flawed because it weighs uneducated and educated opinions as equal. I do an average of Rivals and 247 in my head. Why do I do those?  They are the only ones that look like they actually put effort into their rankings. 247 more than Rivals. So mentally I tend to weight 247 more 

Composite is flawed because it weighs uneducated and educated opinions as equal. I do an average of Rivals and 247 in my head. Why do I do those?  They are the only ones that look like they actually put effort into their rankings. 247 more than Rivals. So mentally I tend to weight 247 more 

So can we find someone to create that for us combining those two and making a website for it? That’d be helpful.

48 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So can we find someone to create that for us combining those two and making a website for it? That’d be helpful.

Is this along the lines of what you were asking for?

247  Rankings 09.18.19 Rivals Avg.

10. Christie +1 17 -5 14

11. Lander +6 13 +12 12

15. Mohammed -2 14 -1 15
    `  
25. Kepnang +15 24 -1 25

29. Kaufman 88 -15 59

38. Furst -4 32 +4 35

42.  Patterson +2 26 +13 34

60. Whitt -5 52 -8 56

N/R. Hutchins-Everett 74 n.a. n.a.

77. Hopkins +16 64 0 71