Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2021 General Recruiting Thread

He looks as excited as the recruit FCTC was pictured with.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’m starting to think that’s just the look of kids from South Bend Riley. Damezi usually had a look about like that in most pictures before he committed if I remember right.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m very pleased that the Luke Brown silliness has dissipated, because the real player choice for the IU coaching staff seems to be:
Blake Wesley > Luke Goode
So, I’m thinking that we’re looking at an inside-out fantastic class of Wesley, Lander, and Kaufman for 2021.

The Luke Brown stuff will pick up again once he starts scoring 35 ppg in November and December.

I’m very pleased that the Luke Brown silliness has dissipated, because the real player choice for the IU coaching staff seems to be:
Blake Wesley > Luke Goode
So, I’m thinking that we’re looking at an inside-out fantastic class of Wesley, Lander, and Kaufman for 2021.

We will probably have to go big hunting next year as well. I wonder if that limits us on wings from in state we take. It’s hard to imagine if things are going well TJD will still be here when that class arrives. Brunk and Davis will be gone as well.

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

The Luke Brown stuff will pick up again once he starts scoring 35 ppg in November and December.

Curious what you put up in those months when you were playing? I’m not trying to be a smarta$$, but those kind of numbers deserve attention especially at his age. I’m a believer that we keep in touch with him even if he’s not 1a,b, or c. Scott Skiles comes to mind.

Curious what you put up in those months when you were playing? I’m not trying to be a smarta$$, but those kind of numbers deserve attention especially at his age. I’m a believer that we keep in touch with him even if he’s not 1a,b, or c. Scott Skiles comes to mind.

I’m not knocking the kid. I think he’s really talented. Shoot I coach at a 4a school and he’d be our best player. I just threw out those months because that’s the start of the high school season and that’s when people will start bringing his name up again.

Something tells me the numbers he puts up isn’t his biggest hurdle or he would have interest beyond MAC schools.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’ve heard all the reasons as to why. I personally don’t agree with them. But let’s just wait and see how he does in high school this year when he plays against a few tougher schools than he’s played in the past.

I’ve heard all the reasons as to why. I personally don’t agree with them. But let’s just wait and see how he does in high school this year when he plays against a few tougher schools than he’s played in the past.

IMO his biggest opportunity was during AAU. The better schools he plays against won’t necessarily say much if they can triple team him. Say he goes out and gets 25 on 9 of 25. People will see that and instantly say he doesn’t deserve it. Well those are situations he will never again see at the next level. In AAU he played as close to the type of talent he will see at the next level. One on one defense with some trapping. That’s the place he has to prove himself to get a college scholarship above a MAC level. Haven’t heard of any new high major schools showing interest since July. So I am guessing the reasons you have heard are still valid amongst coaching circles. Defense, size, length, and athleticism. But at least he will get a free education out of this. Not all bad.

Latest 247 rankings

https://247sports.com/Article/College-basketball-rankings-247Sports-2021-Jonathan-Kuminga-135771191/

11. Lander +6

15. Mohammed -2

25. Kepnang +15

29. Kaufman

38. Furst -4

42.  Patterson +2

60. Whitt -5

77. Hopkins +16

87. Wesley -1

91. Goode +21

93. Brown-Ferguson +8

100. Duncomb +16

140. Blackmon -20

Pretty good list of candidates. Get Lander and Kaufman and it’s a great class no matter what.

Add in a Goode or Wesley for “Goode” measure.

Speaking of Goode. He’s the quarterback for a really good homestead football team.

I almost hate to bring it up but there is a certain name that's not on the 247 list nor does that name appear in the list of 12 just for the State of Indiana.  I don't live and breathe these kinds of rankings; however, a complete omission............

I personally thought top 50 would have sufficed.