Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2021 General Recruiting Thread

Can we please take the Luke Brown talk to the Luke Brown page. Lets please not pollute another thread.

It’s the 2021 general recruiting thread. Isn’t that what this is about? At least it was when we starting doing these a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What does a “heck of a season averaging x points your sophomore year, best of luck to you” letter take in terms of time and commitment? I’m not sure what happened behind the seems with Leal but it worked. If Luke is a diehard IU fan and comes from a well off family the preferred walk on scenario is one I’ve brought up in the past. We shall see though. Completely agree about the posts.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

But why if you have zero interest? If the kid lived in Ohio would there be this much interest on our side?

But why if you have zero interest? If the kid lived in Ohio would there be this much interest on our side?

I’d do it for a few reasons. Gauge his interest in being a preferred walk-on and “show a little love” if he develops further. If we’re going to be THE state school and continue to land the top what does it hurt to send a letter?

Dominate? Strong word from my end and you are right wasn’t the right one. This staff has seen him a ton. I think any that follow recruiting enough realize IU watches his AAU team a ton. He just isn’t a fit for what CAM is building. His wings are in that 6’4”-6’7” range long and athletic for a reason. It fits his team. The fact we have so many more posts dedicated to a kid that doesn’t have a single high D1 offer is crazy to me. Why keep in touch? To this point supposedly PU is. Are they really? Not according to their fans. Why should we keep in touch with a player that just doesn’t fit the roster in any way? That’s my thing. If we should keep in touch with him I would be willing to bet we would keep in touch with a multitude of other Indiana high school players and that minimizes CAM in the state to high school coaches. At this point he can walk into a gym and it means something. He is not Crean. He is focused on who and what he is after. I respect that aspect of him. I understand what you guys are saying but if he hasn’t done it after him and his staff have watched him more than most it just isn’t going to happen. As a priority walk on? Sure. But those come closer to the end of their Senior year.

Here’s my issues with your argument. 1) Brown is a 6’1 PG and not a wing. 2 ) You haven’t seen him play so you can’t evaluate him. 3) Most people aren’t pushing for Brown to get an offer they are just wishing they would show him some interest in case he hits a growth spurt or starts getting other high major offers.

Involves more than just '21 prospects but the annual Evansville Bosse Winter Classic scheduled for Saturday Dec. 21 will feature a number of top IU targets.

Caleb Love '20

Khristian Lander '21     (Lander and Love will face each other in the event.)

Blake Wesley '21

Jalen Washington '22

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/08/15/loaded-field-coming-bosse-winter-classic-december/2018961001/

To stop the convo I will just say I agree with our approach and don’t ever see any way this kid ever gets interest from IU. If he lived in another state this would never even be a discussion. Living in a specific state should not force you into trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Edit: Yes I have seen him play. I live 30 minutes away. If he was a college PG with that size wouldn’t it be worse he has got no major attention to this point?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Involves more than just '21 prospects but the annual Evansville Bosse Winter Classic scheduled for Saturday Dec. 21 will feature a number of top IU targets.
Caleb Love '20
Khristian Lander '21     (Lander and Love will face each other in the event.)
Blake Wesley '21
Jalen Washington '22
https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/08/15/loaded-field-coming-bosse-winter-classic-december/2018961001/

That Lander Love matchup will be phenomenal.

5 hours ago, mdn82 said:

That Lander Love matchup will be phenomenal.

Could be. That will be some elite athleticism in play. A fully engaged Caleb Love would be, by far, the best defender that Lander has played against. Guarantee it. But I’ve seen him multiple times when he floated pretty badly. Mario McKinney, who’s a highly athletic ‘19 Pg going to Mizzou, just flat outcompeted Love when they played last year. Love is good for about 4-5 “that’s the s**t” plays every game that are interspersed with 25 mins of getting by on sheer talent. 

@RyanJamesMN: Texas and Nebraska-Omaha will be at Totino-Grace on Tuesday to see guys like 2023 Taison Chatman, 2021 Devin Burger, and more .  

Marquette, Minnesota, Iowa State, Wisconsin, Xavier, Purdue, Bradley, Indiana, Kansas State & South Dakota also plan to attend this week or next week