Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2021 General Recruiting Thread

28 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Do we lead for any of them though?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No one knows for sure, but it is reasonable to infer that we lead for Kaufman and maybe Lander.

With a successful 19/20 season we should be leading for both.

Just now, MemphisHoosier said:

Has Cardell McFarland's name been thrown around for the coaching vacancy?  I ask because he has connections with both of the targets, experience in skill development, and pro-experience overseas.  

I have no knowledge on that. 

Hey USPS you may want to check your spell check. Who?!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6’11” 5️ Franck Kepnang’21 @kep_dunker of @PSACardinals & @WTbbasketball has earned an offer from Indiana University #Hoosiers

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hoosierstateofmind.com

Archie Miller continues to stay busy on the recruiting trail for Indiana basketball, this time increasing his communication with 2021 in-state wing J.R. Konieczny.

In Archie Miller’s system, wing players are always welcomed with open arms and that’s what he has done with 2021 wing J.R. Konieczny. An in-state prospect, Konieczny is a name to keep an eye on as an Indiana basketball fan.

There is no secret that the Indiana high school class of 2021 is one of the best in history, because of its star power but also depth. J.R. Konieczny is ranked No. 123 nationally by 247Sports and No. 7 in the state, but has already racked up offers from Butler, Creighton, Iowa and is receiving interest from a plethora of other schools including Indiana.

Taking three visits already, all unofficial, to Indiana, Ohio State, and Butler, Konieczny spoke to 247Sports about his recruitment so far.

“It has been fun and real busy. It has been a blessing to have coaches calling and texting me, and I am just enjoying it right now.”

He loved every second of his visit to Bloomington as Archie Miller has made an increased effort at building his relationship with Konieczny.

“The visit was great. It is a special place with a lot of history, so it was fun to see everything at Indiana.”

Konieczny is a 6-foot-6 wing whose best attribute is his ability to shoot the ball. Either off catch and shoot opportunities or off the dribble, Konieczny has a quick release that makes him a difficult guard. He is getting better as a passer and overall playmaker, but still his best skill by far is his shot making ability.

He plays for 16U Indiana Elite on the Adidas Gauntlet summer circuit and South Bend’s (IN) St. Joseph’s High.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Recapping In State

Guards.

Kristian Lander
Blake Wesley
Luke Goode
Jalen Blackmon
Luke Brown

Wings

JR Koneiczny
Pierce Thomas

Biggers

Trey Kaufman
Caleb Furst

I know I’m missing some.

How many spots do we project to have. 3?

Durham, Smith, Brunk.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

There is no current reason to believe we will be pursuing Jalen Blackmon or Luke Brown.

They are pretty much the same player, though Blackmon may have an edge with his IUBB family connections, and Blackmon didn’t bounce away from the Indiana Elite 2021 highest level team.

I think this is a class we take 4 if not 5. It would be easy to get ADD when recruiting this class. We will probably really focus in soon. Safe to say we go after length and flexibility. Really seems we are focusing in on a specific mentality too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners