Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2021 General Recruiting Thread

This isn't particular relevant to our overall '21 recruiting effort but it does directly impact potential target '21 Blake Wesley.

From WHME Channel 46 sports in South Bend:  BREAKING: Jared Drake resigns as Riley Wildcats boys basketball coach to take an assistant coach position at Southeastern Illinois College. The Wildcats will look for their fourth head coach in four years.

And if you've forgotten, this is Damezi's former high school.  As I recall, Damezi's coach through his sophomore or junior year ended up filing a lawsuit against the South Bend school corporation but not sure what the outcome was.

IndyStar on Kooper Jacobi -

It has been three months since Silver Creek defeated Culver Academy in the Class 3A title game to claim the program’s first state championship in boys basketball. It does not seem like that long ago to Kooper Jacobi.

“That’s the most fun basketball I’ve ever had in school,” Jacobi said. “It was awesome. From sectionals to state, it was really fun. Because we won and because of the group of guys we had playing together.”

The 6-6 Jacobi was one of the standouts on Saturday at Ben Davis for the IBCA Underclass Showcase. The junior-to-be may sometimes get overshadowed by his junior Silver Creek teammate, Trey Kaufman, a four-star prospect with offers from Indiana, Purdue and Xavier. But it is more likely that fans remember the 6-7 Kaufman and Jacobi as a duo – a pair of forwards who can battle on the interior for rebounds or step away from the basket and shoot.

Jacobi, who has an offer from Indiana State, averaged 13.9 points, 7.1 rebounds and 2.5 assists as a sophomore. He shot 61 percent from the field and showed he could knock down the perimeter shot as well in a small sample size (12-for-28 from the 3-point line, 42.9%).

“I’m just trying to do a little bit of everything,” Jacobi said. “Shooting 3s, the mid-range and driving. I’m working on playing better at defense. Hopefully putting all four of those things together.”

Jacobi has taken confidence from his high school season into the spring. Playing with the grassroots G3 Grind U16 team, Jacobi is averaging a team-leading 14.1 points and 7.9 rebounds through eight games. His teammates include players like Perry Meridian’s Jayden Taylor, South Bend Riley’s Blake Wesley and Heritage Hills’ Blake Sisley.

Indiana State offered Jacobi after Silver Creek won the 3A regional. Though the Sycamores remain his lone offer, others are right around the corner. Butler, IUPUI, Boston University, Holy Cross, Loyola of Chicago and Miami of Ohio are among the schools that have shown recent interest. Jacobi said he hopes to make an unofficial visit to Butler in the near future.

“I’ve definitely had a good April and May, and hope to continue that into the summer,” he said. “Being able to show I can play on the perimeter is big.”

While Silver Creek will bring back Kaufman (14.8 ppg, 9.1 rebounds) and Jacobi for two more years, the Dragons graduate six seniors from the 3A title team that finished 25-3.

“Last year we didn’t have to talk as much, just try to lead by example,” Jacobi said. “This year I think we both will have to talk more. We have really good chemistry together. With two more years with him, hopefully we can get better and better. Hopefully we can make it back to the state finals again.”

My current list of '21 offers.  Please let me know if I'm missing anyone.

AAU Name Pos. 247 AAU Team High School Location

UA Christie, Max  SG 5 Illinois Wolves Rolling Meadows HS Rolling Meadows, IL
EYBL Clarke, Terrence SF   Expressions Elite Brewster Academy Wolfeboro, NH
EYBL Furst, Caleb C   Indy Heat 2020 FW Blackhawk Christian Fort Wayne, IN
EYBL Hopkins, Bryce SF   MoKan Elite Fenwick HS Oak Park, IL
Adidas Kauffman, Trey PF   Indiana Elite 2021 Silver Creek HS Sellersburg, IN
Adidas Lander, Khristian G   Indiana Elite 2020 Evansville Reitz HS Evansville, IN
UA Patterson, Trey     Team Rio Rutgers Preparatory Somerset, NJ

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

My current list of '21 offers.  Please let me know if I'm missing anyone.

AAU Name Pos. 247 AAU Team High School Location

UA Christie, Max  SG 5 Illinois Wolves Rolling Meadows HS Rolling Meadows, IL
EYBL Clarke, Terrence SF   Expressions Elite Brewster Academy Wolfeboro, NH
EYBL Furst, Caleb C   Indy Heat 2020 FW Blackhawk Christian Fort Wayne, IN
EYBL Hopkins, Bryce SF   MoKan Elite Fenwick HS Oak Park, IL
Adidas Kauffman, Trey PF   Indiana Elite 2021 Silver Creek HS Sellersburg, IN
Adidas Lander, Khristian G   Indiana Elite 2020 Evansville Reitz HS Evansville, IN
UA Patterson, Trey     Team Rio Rutgers Preparatory Somerset, NJ

Hoping Clarke reclasses!

26 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Swinging for the fences to start. Always admire that.

Furst, Lander, Kaufman would be wonderful.

Praying Purdue doesn’t get Furst.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah, me too Fleek, but I think Furst may be a Purdue lean.