Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2021 General Recruiting Thread

Fort Wayne Homestead, right? Hearing good things. I guess Iowa after him too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep. Iowa offered a while ago. Has a lot of IU connections. Iu should be in good shape

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Nice background article on Luke Goode - yes, I know it's from the Laffyette newspaper but despite that, it's still a good read.  Interesting to learn that as it now stands PUke will only have 2 scholarships available for the loaded '21 Indiana class.  Also interesting to learn that Goode's father played football for IU as a defensive back and wide receiver.

https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/college/purdue/basketball/2019/06/07/homesteads-luke-goode-touch-purdue-recruiting-picks-up/1384272001/

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Nice background article on Luke Goode - yes, I know it's from the Laffyette newspaper but despite that, it's still a good read.  Interesting to learn that as it now stands PUke will only have 2 scholarships available for the loaded '21 Indiana class.  Also interesting to learn that Goode's father played football for IU as a defensive back and wide receiver.

https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/college/purdue/basketball/2019/06/07/homesteads-luke-goode-touch-purdue-recruiting-picks-up/1384272001/

That is a huge plus that Purdue has limited offers for '21. I think they go all in on Furst. That one will be tough to get. Feel confident in Lander, Kaufman, and Goode. 

A. J. Griffin is a kid we've watched but not sure how much real interest we have.  He was a member of the USA FIBA America's Mens U16 team which earned its sixth straight gold medal beating Canada 94-71 in Brazil.  Griffin scored 18 points in the championship game.

Last night at midnight, coach's could start making direct contact with '21's so it's possible some new names might pop  up.  I did see that we'd alread been in direct contact with Terrence Clarke.

Also Caleb Furst.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Added Furst

I think the Clarke pursuit is a complete waste of time.

I am not always the biggest “we should recruit Indiana” guy, but the 2021 class is the one where we should for certain. Lots of great talent in state.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, ccgeneral said:

@jakeweingarten: Five-star sophomore Aminu Mohammed begins the communication period with a call from Iowa, he’s also been contacted by Indiana. Expect many others to reach out.

Rivals

I know it’s a popular view to lock in pretty exclusively on in state ‘21’s, and it makes perfect sense. But, my Lord, Mohammed is good. My favorite player that I’ve seen in the last couple of years. Great talent, nonstop motor, no ego. Vic with more size. Really hope we stay involved here. 

Indiana, Auburn, Seton Hall, and others have also reached out to Trey Patterson today, he’s also heard from Villanova, Florida, and UConn, he told @Stockrisers.

6' 7" 5-star SF attending Rutgers Preparatory School.   Ranked #21 overall and the #7 SF on 247.

Rivals

Commentary on various players who participated in this weekend's IU Team Camp.  All '21s except for a summary on '20 Anthony Leal.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/indiana-basketball-recruiting-2019-team-camp-observations/?fbclid=IwAR0pJn_Ve3M_anv4uIQQgS-sddmUsyhSl2uqiFIhulFDdhfSLD9az05JI4s