Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2021 General Recruiting Thread

Just for fun... could you imagine if we landed Morton in 2020 and then Lander in 2021?

Senior: Phin, Anderson
Junior: Franklin, (Beverly, Quinones)
Sophomore: Morton (Leal, Galloway)
Freshman: Lander

That would be a heck of a guard rotation with Morton and Lander both having time to develop in the system without needing to contribute immediately. That’s the type of turnover successful programs have and what we need to get back to elite status.

(Yes, I know it is way too early to tell but as their being projected this would be outstanding.)

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

30 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

247's latest Top 60:  https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Terrence Clarke #3

Khristian Lander #13

Caleb Furst #32

Furst is so much better than that. If he plays the full summer circuit, will be pretty surprised if he’s not a consensus top 15 kid in the fall. 

11 minutes ago, Demo said:

Furst is so much better than that. If he plays the full summer circuit, will be pretty surprised if he’s not a consensus top 15 kid in the fall. 

I'm in the "jury's still out" camp on Furst and I watched him play at least 8 games this past season.  He's benefited to an extent by simply being so much taller than the majority of the kids he plays against in high school so definitely his AAU season will be interesting to follow.  Also, next season when Blackhawk Christian doesn't have Frankie Davidson's scoring and rebounding it will be interesting to see how Furst's performance changes.  Right now, I don't think he's got that good of lateral quickness.  He runs up and down the court well, but he just doesn't seem that quick moving left or right.  Time will tell.

Class of 2021 5 ️ Kendall Brown currently holds offers and interest from the schools listed. Indiana, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa State, Creighton, Ohio State, Saint Louis and Texas.

LM Edits

New name to me

OF have you heard of him?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

14 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Class of 2021 5 emoji294.png️ Kendall Brown currently holds offers and interest from the schools listed. Indiana, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa State, Creighton, Ohio State, Saint Louis and Texas.

LM Edits

New name to me

OF have you heard of him?

New one to me as well.  6'7" SF from Cottage Grove, MN (10 miles south of St. Paul)   FWIW, our name does not appear on 247's college list.   I did find his name on a Michigan board indicating Michigan has interest and also that Brown is a high school teammate of Ben Carlson ('20) whom we've at least looked at.  He's playing up for D1 Minnesota on the adidas circuit but like Carlson and Dawson Garcia, he did not participate in last weekend's event.  247 ranks him #24 nationally and the #8 SF in this class.

ESPN's latest Top 60 in this class.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2021

#3  Terrence Clarke

#11  A. J. Griffin

#12  Aminu Mohammed  (We've had 2 separate contacts since December.)

#14  Kendall Brown

#16  Khristian Lander

#32  Caleb Furst

10 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The Under Armour 16U G3 Grind AAU team is ranked #9 by PrepHoops.  This team includes Kooper Jacobi, Blake Sisley and Blake Wesley.

Do you have a link to these rankings?

51 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

@EdwardKoton15: Archie Miller and the rest of the Indiana Basketball coaching staff is currently eating lunch at Buffalouies with 2021 recruit Trey Kaufman. According to 247,  Kaufman is 63rd in the country out of Sellersburg, IN. 

With that much attention, I would say an offer is imminent?  

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Very impressive list, and doesn't even include Colson Montgomery or Blake Sisley!  

Jayden Brewer a 6' 5" sophomore from Avon HS averaged 15 pts. and 6 reb. last season indicates IU has shown early interest.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/05/13/indiana-high-school-basketball-2021-avon-g-jayden-brewer-impressing/3643307002/