Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2021 General Recruiting Thread

21 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Indiana will host 2021 five-star Aminu Mohammed for an unofficial visit on February 10th, a source told Stockrisers and Prep Hoops.

Jake Weingarten

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Nice timing on posting this. I am driving down tonight to see Mohammed play against, swear to God, Halfway HS. Halfway is 15-3, so hopefully they provide the kid a little competition.

Just got back from watching Mohammed  and Greenwood beat Halfway HS 72-63. Preface this by saying that Halfway Is a dime a dozen small school team and Greenwood without Mohammed is godawful.
Played 29 mins. 43 pts 28 rebs(not a mistype) 3 assists 2 blocks 2 steals 1TO. Shot 16-25 from the field, 4-8 from 3, and 7-10 from the line. The counting stats are pretty immaterial. He could have scored as many as he wanted, despite being constantly doubled. 
Mohammed is a full 6’5”. Probably 190-195. Great length, great body. Physically, he looks a lot like Musa Jallow. His older brother who plays at Missouri St was at the game and he’s built like a tight end. So I imagine he fills out to every bit of 220. Elite athlete. Can really run, really jump and has incredible body control for such a young player. Made a play I can hardly believe I saw.  Was going up for a left handed dunk off a drive. A Halfway kid blatantly pushes him as he leaves the ground. Incredibly cheap and dangerous play. As he is in the air he manages to switch the ball from his left hand to his right and as he’s flying out of bounds manages to reach back from behind the backboard and kiss it off glass for an and 1. Then, he just gets up, goes to the line and buries the FT. Had to pick up my jaw at the entire sequence.
Great looking jumper. Took a couple of bad 3’s, but was 4-5 on the ones he shot in rhythm. Shot well off both the catch and dribble. Handle is good but a little loose. Better defenders could have gotten into his dribble a few times. Showed the ability to get downhill and finished  around the rim with either hand. With the exception of a couple of poor shots, the kid really played within the flow of the game. Involved his teammates as much as he could given their lack of quality and never seemed frustrated by them. Pretty impressive. The 28 boards wasn’t solely superior athleticism. He repeatedly showed a great instinct  for the angle of the carom. His defense was fine, but he backed away from some chances to make plays. It’s clear he’s been told not to foul.  Really liked his demeanor. Was highly engaged and played hard throughout. It would have been easy for him not to. 
I love this kid. Love him. He is Victor Oladipo. Maybe not quite as demonstrative, but he’s a super athlete, he’s skilled for a Soph, and he competed hard against guys he didn’t need to. That is a winning player. Seriously, he has Vic written all over him. 
Spoke to a player’s parent who seemed to know him pretty well. I asked if he was going to play for MoKan or Bradley Beal this summer. He told me that he’s going to play up for Boo Williams U17. Really looking forward to seeing him against real competition.
Here’s the deal. If Mohammed is on campus Feb 10, he needs to leave with an offer. I don’t want to hear about Archie doing Archie things and following him and watching him and finally offering a year and a half from now. You offer him and you spend the next 18 months making it happen. This kid will be able to go anywhere. You put Mohammed and Lander with a Senior Rob and you have a backcourt that can win a NC. 

Great job on the scouting!

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Just got back from watching Mohammed  and Greenwood beat Halfway HS 72-63. Preface this by saying that Halfway Is a dime a dozen small school team and Greenwood without Mohammed is godawful.
Played 29 mins. 43 pts 28 rebs(not a mistype) 3 assists 2 blocks 2 steals 1TO. Shot 16-25 from the field, 4-8 from 3, and 7-10 from the line. The counting stats are pretty immaterial. He could have scored as many as he wanted, despite being constantly doubled. 
Mohammed is a full 6’5”. Probably 190-195. Great length, great body. Physically, he looks a lot like Musa Jallow. His older brother who plays at Missouri St was at the game and he’s built like a tight end. So I imagine he fills out to every bit of 220. Elite athlete. Can really run, really jump and has incredible body control for such a young player. Made a play I can hardly believe I saw.  Was going up for a left handed dunk off a drive. A Halfway kid blatantly pushes him as he leaves the ground. Incredibly cheap and dangerous play. As he is in the air he manages to switch the ball from his left hand to his right and as he’s flying out of bounds manages to reach back from behind the backboard and kiss it off glass for an and 1. Then, he just gets up, goes to the line and buries the FT. Had to pick up my jaw at the entire sequence.
Great looking jumper. Took a couple of bad 3’s, but was 4-5 on the ones he shot in rhythm. Shot well off both the catch and dribble. Handle is good but a little loose. Better defenders could have gotten into his dribble a few times. Showed the ability to get downhill and finished  around the rim with either hand. With the exception of a couple of poor shots, the kid really played within the flow of the game. Involved his teammates as much as he could given their lack of quality and never seemed frustrated by them. Pretty impressive. The 28 boards wasn’t solely superior athleticism. He repeatedly showed a great instinct  for the angle of the carom. His defense was fine, but he backed away from some chances to make plays. It’s clear he’s been told not to foul.  Really liked his demeanor. Was highly engaged and played hard throughout. It would have been easy for him not to. 
I love this kid. Love him. He is Victor Oladipo. Maybe not quite as demonstrative, but he’s a super athlete, he’s skilled for a Soph, and he competed hard against guys he didn’t need to. That is a winning player. Seriously, he has Vic written all over him. 
Spoke to a player’s parent who seemed to know him pretty well. I asked if he was going to play for MoKan or Bradley Beal this summer. He told me that he’s going to play up for Boo Williams U17. Really looking forward to seeing him against real competition.
Here’s the deal. If Mohammed is on campus Feb 10, he needs to leave with an offer. I don’t want to hear about Archie doing Archie things and following him and watching him and finally offering a year and a half from now. You offer him and you spend the next 18 months making it happen. This kid will be able to go anywhere. You put Mohammed and Lander with a Senior Rob and you have a backcourt that can win a NC. 

Really appreciate the report

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’d take a VO type player anytime. Good info.

8 hours ago, Demo said:

With the quality of your report, we need to put you on the road to watch and report back on all of our targets.  Great job and very much appreciated.

Brother-in-law is at the Blackhawk Christian-Snider game tonight watching Caleb Furst and says that he is better than TJD is right now and we go to A LOT of CG games. Thinks he'll be a top 10 player by senior year and is just a monster. Imagine he'll have his pick of any school. Hope Arch locks him down ASAP!

17 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Brother-in-law is at the Blackhawk Christian-Snider game tonight watching Caleb Furst and says that he is better than TJD is right now and we go to A LOT of CG games. Thinks he'll be a top 10 player by senior year and is just a monster. Imagine he'll have his pick of any school. Hope Arch locks him down ASAP!

Furst had a really strong game tonight, but I've watched both play numerous games and IMO TJD is the superior player.  Furst can get there, but I think TJD has a better overall game and is a more versatile player.

I’ve been told by someone who is connected to his school that he’s really only considering three schools right now out of his current offers.

On 2/5/2019 at 9:19 PM, HoosierAloha said:

The 2021 class could be a monster class

Or, perhaps it already is.  I found this and thought to myself, "Dang, that's a lot of scoring for a bunch of 16-year olds."

http://www.maxpreps.com/leaders/basketball/,scoring/indiana/stat-leaders.htm?classyear=10&position=all

If you click on all states and sophomores, then click load leaders you'll see there are 87 sophomores in the country averaging 20 or more points per game and 6 are from Indiana.

There's also a freshman from Indiana (Caleb Wright) scoring 22.0 ppg but I see he's playing for a "home school" team.  It makes me wonder how many of the sophomores from other states are playing for teams like that.  I noticed there were an awful lot nationwide from the sophomore class playing for Christian schools, which may not mean anything in some cases and could mean a lot in other cases (I've seen some of the Christian schools around here and they need all the boys in the high school to make up a team...just sayin').

And, yes, I realize a monster class is more than just scorers.  I merely looked up leading scorers, but there's so much more to a monster class than some kids who can score.  I just thought this proved your point.

23 minutes ago, ray said:

And, yes, I realize a monster class is more than just scorers.  I merely looked up leading scorers, but there's so much more to a monster class than some kids who can score.  I just thought this proved your point.

I agree, and the scary part is the Sophomores on the better teams in the state may not even be really called on to score as much yet if there are solid upperclassmen.  

I was curious and looked up how Cody Zeller developed .. (Not saying we have a Zeller in Indiana currently but ..) 

In his freshman year of high school, Zeller averaged 2.5 points and 1.4 rebounds per game as his team, the Washington Hatchets, won a Class 3A IHSAA state championship. During his sophomore season, he averaged 15.0 points and 6.8 rebounds. In his junior season, Zeller led Washington to a Class 3A state championship, averaging 20.5 points and 11.4 rebounds per game. Following that season he was named an Indiana Junior All-Star. In his senior year of high school, Zeller averaged 24.6 points per game, 13.1 rebounds per game and 3.3 assists per game while leading the Hatchets to the Class 3A IHSAA state championship, the third title of his career.