Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

I personally don't get why they'd go after a big time PG. If we call Phinisee the point guard for the next 4 years, we have to let him do that, and by his sophomore season I'd expect him to start, especially over a freshman guard. Just my opinion though. They'll definitely need to target good shooters that can run the 2, so yeah I'd want Archie to go hard after some 2 or 3's.

A "big time" program cannot just sit on a position for four years. What if Phinisee is not as good as we hoped, gets injured, etc. Have to keep the talent funnel full.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

A "big time" program cannot just sit on a position for four years. What if Phinisee is not as good as we hoped, gets injured, etc. Have to keep the talent funnel full.

I agree, but at that point Al will be a junior, Devonte a senior, there will be back up guards, I just think that it would be smart to allow him to grow by playing time, and not watching a kid younger than him get more playing time.

5 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I agree in principle, but the challenge is finding the right kid who will share the position and/or wait his turn. Too often an excess of talent at a position leads disgruntled players who transfer. CAM seems more inclined to have a primary guy who plays 30 minutes a game and a secondary guy who gives a breather or covers foul trouble. In other words, a much shorter bench than we have seen for a while.

New target on the radar. Looking to visit soon. Played with Garland and Wiseman on Bradley Beal Elite.

@scottybscout: Belleville West 2019 PF EJ Liddell @EasyE2432 breaks down in-depth including new schools getting involved! (Free) https://www.prephoops.com/2018/01/ej-liddell-video-5/ #Gators #KState #Boilermakers #Purdue #Indiana #Hoosiers #Illini #Mizzou #Buckeyes

Rivals

6 hours ago, ccgeneral said:

New target on the radar. Looking to visit soon. Played with Garland and Wiseman on Bradley Beal Elite.

@scottybscout: Belleville West 2019 PF EJ Liddell @EasyE2432 breaks down in-depth including new schools getting involved! (Free) https://www.prephoops.com/2018/01/ej-liddell-video-5/ #Gators #KState #Boilermakers #Purdue #Indiana #Hoosiers #Illini #Mizzou #Buckeyes

Rivals

15 AAU games this past summer:  9.5 PPG on 58% shooting; 80% FT's; 22% on 3's but he only attempted 9; 4 reb; 1 asst; 1 TO; 1 blk.

Recent high school games putting up some impressive numbers:

11/22:  35 pts. in a win.

11/24:  30 pts. 14 reb; 7 blks in a win.

11/25:  28 pts.; 12 reb.; 11 blks in a loss.

12/02:  16 pts. & 14 reb. in a win.

12/06:  22 pts. in a win.

12/16:  30 pts. in a win.

12/20:  26 pts. in a win.

His career best is 43 pts. in a game last March in which he also had 10 reb. and 6 blks.

His father was a 4-year football starter for Illinois State; his mother was a star volleyball player also at Illinois State.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Added more stats

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

15 AAU games this past summer:  9.5 PPG on 58% shooting; 80% FT's; 22% on 3's but he only attempted 9; 4 reb; 1 asst; 1 TO; 1 blk.

No stats but I know he's been playing very well so far this high school season against a competitive schedule in the St. Louis area.

No stats but I know he's been playing very well so far this high school season against a competitive schedule in the St. Louis area.

Belleville West usually plays a very good schedule. I haven't kept tabs on him, but I'll keep a close eye on anything I hear over here.

Here is a link to his team's championship win at the Centralia Holiday Tournament. Hevwas Tournament MVP in a very good tourney.

http://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/prep-basketball/article192348699.html

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, goonaha said:

They play Webster Groves on 2/3. Carte'are Gordon will be a really good test for Liddell. It's now on my schedule of must see games.

Eric Bossi's Juniors and Seniors on the Rise:  https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/bossi-s-best-juniors-and-sophomores-on-the-rise

'19 E J Liddell is one of the names on his list.

Recruitment:  Offers from Illinois, Missouri, Northwestern, Florida, St. Louis, DePaul, Kansas State, Iowa State, Marquette and others.

Why he's trending up:  Liddell may not possess truly ideal height for a power forward, but he's so skilled and tough that it doesn't matter. When the rankings update he'll make one of the biggest jumps in the class of 2019 and we think he's good enough to play anywhere in the country..

If Achie and staff can lock down a good portion of the talent in Indiana, I feel that will be the 1st big step in bringing winning back at IU.  So much talent in state that if we can get our kids to stay home, winning will happen.  Romeo would go a long ways in other kids thinking, "if a kid of that caliber can stay home, maybe IU is a place to truly consider!" We need that trend setter.

If Achie and staff can lock down a good portion of the talent in Indiana, I feel that will be the 1st big step in bringing winning back at IU.  So much talent in state that if we can get our kids to stay home, winning will happen.  Romeo would go a long ways in other kids thinking, "if a kid of that caliber can stay home, maybe IU is a place to truly consider!" We need that trend setter.

A little pride in going to the state school and not losing while at the state school would go a long way.

C'mon, what's with the $? You've obviously forgotten that Chris Holtmann  and the awe-inspiring Butler Way have come to town. Not only are they no longer paying players, the kids are probably paying the Asst Coaches. 

Lmao

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2019

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Watford at 10.

TJD at 28.

Brooks at 36.

No surprise to see Watford's big jump to top 10.  His numbers this year have been dominant.  TJD is getting way up there too, and he's a riser.  I wonder where Brooks will end up when it's all over. 

Watford at 10.

TJD at 28.

Brooks at 36.

No surprise to see Watford's big jump to top 10.  His numbers this year have been dominant.  TJD is getting way up there too, and he's a riser.  I wonder where Brooks will end up when it's all over. 

PG’s IU has shown interest in or have been in contact with DJ Carton(51) and Anthony Harris(87) Snow mentioned Harris the other night in chat. Another out of state guard is Harlond Beverley(71). Not sure the interest level but people were wondering about out of state guards. They are also showing interest with the in state guards Hemenway, Franklin, Gillis, and Newman. Doesn’t mean they will offer just guards that are on the radar for 2019

On 1/3/2018 at 10:39 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Eric Bossi's Juniors and Seniors on the Rise:  https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/bossi-s-best-juniors-and-sophomores-on-the-rise

'19 E J Liddell is one of the names on his list.

Recruitment:  Offers from Illinois, Missouri, Northwestern, Florida, St. Louis, DePaul, Kansas State, Iowa State, Marquette and others.

Add The Bucknuts to his list of offers.