Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

53 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Indiana and South Carolina saw 2019 wing @PreciousAchiuwa yesterday at @StBenedictsNJ
Adam zagoria

Played on the 16U New Heights AAU team on the Under Armour circuit.   In 17 games this past summer he averaged 15 ppg on 50% shooting / 41% on 3's but didn't shoot all that many / 61% FT / 8 reb / 2 assists / 1 steal / 2 blocks. 

58 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

We watched SF Precious Achiuwa yesterday per Zag.

Bronx, NY (St Benedict's Preparatory School)
6'7"/175
AAU:

Scout

Played on the 16U New Heights AAU team on the Under Armour circuit.   In 17 games this past summer he averaged 15 ppg on 50% shooting / 41% on 3's but didn't shoot all that many / 61% FT / 8 reb / 2 assists / 1 steal / 2 blocks. 

On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 0:32 PM, Uspshoosier said:

Indiana and South Carolina saw 2019 wing @PreciousAchiuwa yesterday at @StBenedictsNJ
Adam zagoria

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Reaching out for the best talent. Can you imagine Archs reaction to his new recruiting budget? He goes from Mid major to as much as the rest of the B1G. 

10 hours ago, schoosier said:

Reaching out for the best talent. Can you imagine Archs reaction to his new recruiting budget? He goes from Mid major to as much as the rest of the B1G. 

Interesting point that I don't recall being mentioned.  What is Archie's recruiting budget?  Is it the same as FCTC or was it reduced when he was hired?

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Interesting point that I don't recall being mentioned.  What is Archie's recruiting budget?  Is it the same as FCTC or was it reduced when he was hired?

Since Indiana, like our government, is a not-for-profit organization without real shareholders to answer to when it comes to expenses, I would bet that if anything the budget was increased YoY.

'19 PG D.J. Carton - Bettendorf, IA.

Rivals

@coreyevans_10: Virginia and Indiana are the latest to become involved with a Rivals150 junior guard https://buff.ly/2kX3bwa

“I started talking to one of their coaches and he showed some interest in me and they said that they are going to start recruiting me hard since he said that they need a player like me. A lot of great guards have gone to Indiana, so it is just an honor to be on that stage with them. I will probably end up visiting there soon and check the campus out and see how it goes.”

10 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/four-star-pg-carton-breaks-down-contenders?utm_content=buffer638dd&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

“I started talking to one of their coaches and he showed some interest in me and they said that they are going to start recruiting me hard since he said that they need a player like me. A lot of great guards have gone to Indiana, so it is just an honor to be on that stage with them. I will probably end up visiting there soon and check the campus out and see how it goes.”

He's 6'1" and a 4-star on both 247 and Rivals.  The link that follows is from June 2017.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/high-school/recruiting/2017/06/28/dj-carton-bettendorf-basketball-recruiting-iowa-wisconsin/433891001/

On 10/17/2017 at 7:56 PM, ccgeneral said:

@coreyevans_10: Virginia and Indiana are the latest to become involved with a Rivals150 junior guard https://buff.ly/2kX3bwa

Some additional info on Carton:

http://endlessmotor.net/2017/10/21/endless-motor-4-d-j-carton-talks-summer-visits-recruitment/

Another snippet on D. J. Carton from the NY2LA circuit:

Desi Carton, 6’2, 190, PG, 2019, Betterndorft, Davenport (IA)
He’s one of the better point guard prospects in the Midwest. Has terrific court vision, and showed the ability to make both the flashy pass, but the simple kick out pass as well. Carton has a smoothness to his game, never gets rattled and always plays under control. He has a smooth left-handed jumper and is a terrific 3-point shooter. Carton was named the top Floor General of the 2019 age group for his efforts.

For those who have been wrapped up in Garland and Romeo, '19 class has potential to be great. CB picks for both Keion and TJD the last week or so and Meyer picked Watford to Bama the other day. Hurt to Minny the other day as well.

Updated (Per Scout) 2019 Recruiting List

PG-

Jeremiah Francis (53) Offer - Committed to North Carolina

Cole Anthony (3)

Isaiah Thompson (212)

SG-

Alex Hemenway (NA)

SF-

Trendon Watford (16) Offer

Keion Brooks (33) Offer

Precious Achiuwa (14)

Jordan Mitchell (54)

Elias King (55)

Aundre Hyatt (82)

Tre' Williams (128)

Cobie Barnes (NA)

PF-

James Wiseman (2) Offer

Matthew Hurt (5) Offer

Trayce Jackson-Davis (47) Offer

Alonzo Gaffney (20)

Sydney Curry (NA)

C-

Isaiah Stewart (30) Offer

Kofi Cockbrun (34) Offer

Aidan Igiehon (42) Offer

Francis Okoro (27)

1 hour ago, schimpfj said:

Do we know if we are targeting any new guards for 2019? Seems like we’re set on forwards, so I would love to pursue a couple SG’s and high end PG’s outside of cole anthony

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I personally don't get why they'd go after a big time PG. If we call Phinisee the point guard for the next 4 years, we have to let him do that, and by his sophomore season I'd expect him to start, especially over a freshman guard. Just my opinion though. They'll definitely need to target good shooters that can run the 2, so yeah I'd want Archie to go hard after some 2 or 3's.